Gear box oil update

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 10:39
ThreadID: 11997 Views:1499 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
After taking Russell up on his offer to try some of the Synforce Cruiser gear oil this is what I have noticed to-date,
1. The oil that arrived two days after the offer was made, can't complain about the delivery time, was lime green. If nothing else Synforce oils whould have to be the most colourful.
2. The gear changes were no different with the Synforce oil compared to the oil I was running before. The oil I had in was a fully synthetic oil made to reduce cold shift baulk.
Russell and Synforce would know that there are other oils on the market that will do the same job as there oil. Having said that, what they say on the lable of the gear oil is true, I found it will reduce cold shift baulk and that is what really matters. As for the long term protection that will take a little longer to make a comment.
I would like to thank Russell and Synforce for letting me try the oil and I will be waiting to hear from others that have tried Synforce oils to find out what they thought of the product.

Wayne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: GO_OFFROAD - Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 11:01

Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 11:01
Castrol make a very good oil for cruiser boxes which also stops the cold 2nd and 3rd gear synchro issue, and makes the box a much nicer shifting box, to the point where the detent springs on the shift become more noticable, and could be improved to make the shift even nicer.

The oil is called castrol vmx-m 75w-85
AnswerID: 54004

Reply By: Patroleum - Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 21:37

Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 21:37
I went and saw Russell on Saturday as we were in Hervey Bay over easter,we also need some of that oil however he was out of stock,will try some when his stock is up. Had a look thru the Synforce factory and looks very sophisticated indeed.
Russell seems a nice guy and seems genuine.
Will try the gear oil when availiable.

Greg
AnswerID: 54092

Reply By: Willem - Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 23:21

Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 23:21
...........which reminds me.........I haven't changed the gearbox oil in my truck since July 1998....suppose it wouldn't hurt?
AnswerID: 54116

Sponsored Links