Messege to Mellisa re Peak Charles

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 13, 2004 at 16:19
ThreadID: 12003 Views:1568 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Used Peak Charles as my stop off Sunday nigh on my way back from Thomas River so I thought I would give you some current info. Both roads in from south of Norseman were excellent with a bit of water over them in places. Unlike other locations the place has not changed a bit since I first visited it 7 years ago except for a better info board there is still no charge to enter the campsites are still uneven and undeveloped and the 1 and only dunny is still 5 star. One difference is the bush is looking amazing as there has been quite a bit of rain lately and all the frogs were active. The climb is still very steep, howeverthere is quite a bit of walking with youn uns you can do on the lower parts that still offer a good view. There were 4 groups camped there sun night with one large group of larger young uns who camped well away from the main camp area. I took the dunns track as far as peak eleanor via annes pass which is 14k from peak charles. The track is fairly tight and as this is the most travelled section I would suggest not to try if you are afraid of a few scratches. Having said that my vehicle is higher and wider than standard so a standard vehicle would do it easier. About 10-12 k from Peak charles the dense bush opens up into a stand of big widely spaced gimlets which struck me as just the place for a good isolated bush camp with good views of pk charles and pk ealonor with enough room for a large group. Peak ealonor was totally undeveloped without even a carpark or room to camp (easily) from peak ealonor it is a short drive back to the crossroads tl to carry on to ravensthorpe. There are a few turnoffs in the vicinity but work was calling so they will have to wait for nexttime. Hope this info is of some use :-)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links