Wandering Star Trailers

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 15, 2004 at 22:34
ThreadID: 12088 Views:6864 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had any experience with these Campers from W.A.
This site is giving them a bit of a plug under the trailer section.
Very reasonably priced and look quite good.

Cheers Cruisin
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Baldrick - Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 08:34

Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 08:34
I have had one of these for two years and am very satisfied. It is very well built and the design is excellent.

More importantly, the after sales service is outstanding. They are a smallish family company and give personal, friendly service. They will happily fix any problems that arise, even years down the track. (I haven't had any). Some close friends also bought the same model as ours (Trailmaster), they had a few stone chips in the paintwork and when they took it back to have a small modification done the affected area was resprayed for free.

If you need any specific details I will be happy to fill you in.
AnswerID: 54476

Follow Up By: Member - Cruisin (QLD) - Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 08:48

Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 08:48
Hi Baldrick.

Thats the type of customer service that really impress's. I live in Brissy so I'm not sure how a fault would get rectified should I purchase one of these Campers. I am looking at the Bushmaster with the added benefit of being able to house a couple of kids down the track. Can you sleep 2 adults in the under bed area on the Bushmaster if you were wanting a minimum camp setup for an overnight stay. I know you have the trailmaster but you may have seen the Bushmaster.
Did you go the independant suspension or the leaf spring ??
Are these units tough enough to do some corrugation work...ie the Cape ??
How well do they keep out the dust ??
Do you have the sealed storage boxes on the sides of the trailers ??
What options if any did you go for ??
These campers are quite light when compared to other types.
Its no good talking direct to manufacturers because they give you a biased opinion. Thats where these forums can help.
Any extra info greatly appreciated.

Cheers Cruisin
FollowupID: 316149

Follow Up By: Baldrick - Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 09:33

Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 09:33
I doubt whether you would have any serious problems anyway.

Pretty sure you can sleep in the Bushmaster without opening up the canvas.

I have the leaf spring setup which was the best that I saw (did a lot of research). I didn't want to fork out the extra dosh for the independent suspension and was happy to keep it simple.

Dust sealing is excellent, storage space is sensational, yes I do have the side storage boxes, with a pull out drawer behind one of the front ones. Being lockable, they provide good security. I also have a toolbox and two jerry holders on the drawbar.

Last year I took this camper around the Kimberley, including Gibb River Road and Bungles, had no problems at all with corrugations. I have also taken it on some steep, rutted bush tracks in southwest WA, which it handles admirably (the Tregg hitch works well).

The canvas is easy to erect for an overnight roadside stay, takes two minutes.

I have a 60L water tank. Don't have the built in kitchen (wanted to keep the cost down), or the electric water pump, but these are good options if you want to spend the money.

Cheers
FollowupID: 316153

Reply By: Member - Slim - Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 09:04

Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 09:04
Cruisin,

I have a Wandering Star which I have had for only 2 months. The construction and design is great. Mine is a Trailmaster but I have seen the Bushmaster and it will more than satisfy your described needs. We have done about 5,000 km in ours and it tows like a dream. The dustproofing is excellent and can be adjusted should the need arise. We have the leaf spring setup with greasable shackles.The canvas work is also top quality.You could say we are definitely happy campers!

Regards,

Slim
AnswerID: 54483

Sponsored Links