Coral Bay

Submitted: Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 16:06
ThreadID: 12106 Views:1247 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hey all, we're heading up in about 4 weeks and are looking for some great places to head to for day trips. we're staying in a house there as we always do and since this is about the 5th or 6th time we've gone we're running out of new places to find.

mixed bunch of vehicles, but all well off-road capable - v8 disco, turbo prado, worked hilux and worked SWB patrol.

any suggestions?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Baldrick - Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 16:23

Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 16:23
Have you been to the old whaling station at Norwegian Bay?
AnswerID: 54550

Reply By: NathanK - Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 16:26

Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 16:26
no, we haven't actually. i've heard about it but haven't gone there yet. any details on a route to get there?
AnswerID: 54551

Reply By: Coops (Pilbara) - Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 10:59

Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 10:59
just got back from there last night.
Coral Bay isn't a patch on what it used to be ( I first went there in 89 and have been a regular visitor for past 6 years). The Coral is covered in algal bloom courtesy of the many thousands of people that are there and the inadequate means of coping with their sewage etc. Locals don't want to admit it and will freely sell their tours etc.
Anyway there is some excellent info available from this site and I highly recommend that you pop out to Ningaloo Station for a day or two to see Lighthouse etc. It's an easy 2 hour drive from Coral Bay and won't bother your group.
Would be very interested in your comments on VCoral Bay as I wish to put pen to paper to our environmental minister with my thoughts and everyone else that we spoke to at CB/Exmouth over the last month.
AnswerID: 55732

Sponsored Links