coromal off roader

Submitted: Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 20:53
ThreadID: 12120 Views:1821 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Have been looking at a 16' single axle Coromal off road van [new] Have any members had any experience in real off road situations. How does the aluminium frame stand up ? And what about the knee action suspension with no shockers. The suspension hasn't any bushes in the suspension arms , just a steel sleeve with a bolt through it and no adjustment. Any comments from present or past owners.
Thanks James
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rick - Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 22:41

Friday, Apr 16, 2004 at 22:41
stan,,IMHO 16ft is about the limit for a single axle, above this i believe chassis flex may occur to some degree, especially offroad.
i got to admit i would be skeptical about taking it any further off-road than good dirt roads.
coromal make a good product from what i have seen and heard, but i would definately prefer same decent shockies and bushes in the suspension.

rick.
AnswerID: 54634

Reply By: brian - Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 08:31

Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 08:31
Stan i have corromal magnam 440 off road van,comfortable tows well but i dont think it is suitable for anything ruogher than corrogated dirt roads.Also i think there is a design fault namely the steel wire cables that raise the roof run over NYLON pulleys so the cable cuts through the pulleys.Mine were replaced last week with steel pulleys and new cables,cost between $500-$1000 depending how bad and where you are.Common repair according to local dealer.
AnswerID: 54661

Reply By: STAN - Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 21:37

Saturday, Apr 17, 2004 at 21:37
Hi all , I went back and had a another look under the Coromal van this morning. And now am totally convinced that the suspension will not meet my needs as a off road suspension. This is backed up by the disclaimer printed on the Coromal brochure and I quote "They are not however designed to travel over all terain . Travelling over rough, rockie ,jagged,pinnacled and potholed surfaces may amount to misuse and driver neglect. Any damage incurred as a result is excluded from the manufactures warranty" Thanks James
AnswerID: 54736

Sponsored Links