Bulletin!

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 21, 2004 at 12:07
ThreadID: 12253 Views:2087 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys,

We have been on the road for 2 weeks now, and are having a great time. We haven't found anyone to accept our Exploroz membership card yet, but we are telling everyone about it. We have camped in two exceptionally good places which I thought people might want to hear about. One is in Kosciuszko National Park, at Yarrangobilly Village in the northern part of the park. The area is mowed, has fireplaces and tables and benches and very clean long drop loos. It is also right beside a beautiful river. The only drawback is that it is already very cold - it was minus 6 degrees the other night! The other place is in Mimosa Rocks NP, between Tathra and Bermagui. We are camped at Aragunnu Bay, and it is quite beautiful, with lots of trees and flowers, masses of birdlife and even the occasional wallaby.
We also stayed at a very nice caravan/camping park in Kosciuszko NP at Sawpit flat, near Jindabyne. Its quite small, with lots of trees, big drivethrough spaces, and very clean amenities.
Next stop Kangaroo Valley for a night or two, and then to Sydney for a big dose of civilisation!
Lots more travelling to do yet, you could get used to this lifestyle!
Happy travels
Anne and Millny
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wombat - Wednesday, Apr 21, 2004 at 13:11

Wednesday, Apr 21, 2004 at 13:11
Hi Anne,

Did you get to see Yarrangobilly Caves - they are simply magnificent, as is the ruins of the old mill at Adelong Falls. I really love the part of the country you have just visited.
AnswerID: 55299

Follow Up By: Member - Anne - Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 17:57

Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 17:57
Hi Wombat,

Aren't the caves wonderful! It really is another beautiful part of the country of ours. The trouble is the more I see, the more I find to see!

Cheers
Anne
FollowupID: 317628

Reply By: ZEDjay - Wednesday, Apr 21, 2004 at 13:15

Wednesday, Apr 21, 2004 at 13:15
Thanks for sharing your tips.
I'll add to my good places file.
If you're heading to Kangaroo Valley, here's my tip in return.

3 weeks ago we camped at the Bendeela Picnic area at Kangaroo Valley - on the river
green mown spot - lots of wombats and birds.
Camping is free - toilets are the only facilities (pretty basic) - but we thought it was lovely spot.

cheers
zj
AnswerID: 55301

Follow Up By: Member - Anne - Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 17:59

Saturday, Apr 24, 2004 at 17:59
Hi Zedjay,

I wish I had read your reply 2 days ago!! We stayed in a caravan park which was very nice, but not the same as bush camping.

Cheers
Anne
FollowupID: 317629

Reply By: William - Wednesday, Apr 21, 2004 at 13:24

Wednesday, Apr 21, 2004 at 13:24
Three Mile Dam on the Cabramurra Rd (southern side) of Yarrangobilly is also magic. You can camp right on the waters edge. Fishing is great, keep a watch out for black snakes in summer.
The book Camps Australia Wide 2 is awesome for freebie camping places. You can also download the updates from their website. I was given the book as a present and thought, hmmm probably out of date and not likely to have many good spots. This book is substantially superior to any others I have come across and now use it all the time.
AnswerID: 55303

Reply By: Michelle from ExplorOz - Wednesday, Apr 21, 2004 at 18:38

Wednesday, Apr 21, 2004 at 18:38
Hi Anne,
That's nice of you to come back to the forum during your travels and give your update! Hope you are having fun.
Just a comment about the Membership Card, you will find it will only be accepted at the places listed on our Members Reward page. Although there is a great stack of rewards in there, its pretty small in comparison to this great big country! What you are doing really helps however, as the more times these businesses are "hassled" by tourists wanting to use their ExplorOz discount card, the more the word spreads that there's a strong program out there that they can get involved in. That's why we call it a Membership and Loyalty Program - the idea being that our members will want to got to the advertisers and use their services to get the discount and in return our advertisers will show loyalty to you by giving the discount. Seems a good concept for the industry and we'll keep doing our best to bring you quality discounts. Unfortunately most of the good advertisers are the manufacturers and they find it hard to get their stores to pass on the discount. We'll keep working on it however. Take care and enjoy the rest of your trip.
ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

AnswerID: 55369

Sponsored Links