wiring auxillary

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 10:57
ThreadID: 12287 Views:1956 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
morning all, i want to connect my 12v lighting in the camper trailer through the male socket of the trailer plug to the waeco porta power pack but i am unsure which pins to connect the negative and positive wires to from the power pack to the plug,, the trailer also has elec brakes, i don't know if this makes any difference to the wiring needed etc, your help will be appreciated, regards, Adrian.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 11:43

Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 11:43
Hi Ace
You will first need to see if you have a spare unused terminal in you trailer plug and socket if you have then run 2 wires from power pack + to spare terminal in car socket and - to negative terminalincar socket, then + wire from trailer plug on matching terminal to light and - wire from plug to light
I f you run wires through spare terminals it will have no effect on elec. brakes.
AnswerID: 55481

Reply By: Rosscoe - Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 11:44

Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 11:44
Ace,

I can't help you with the Waeco plug.

What sort of trailer plug do you have?

If it's a 7-pin flat style plug you can use the pin normally used for reversing lights (assuming you don't have reversing lights on the trailer).

Better solution is to go to a 12 pin plug and use the 30A pins for the fridge.

Even better is to run heavy cable from the vehicle's batterry to an Anderson Pug and use that exclusively for your fridge. Depending on your wiring you can suffer fairly significant voltage drop by the time you get all the way back to the trailer. The Waeco is not as voltage sensitive as an absorption type fridge but none the less you should try for minimum voltage losses.

Check out this site for wring info:

http://www.narva.com.au/TrailerConnectors12.html

AnswerID: 55482

Reply By: TheUndertaker - Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 17:02

Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 17:02
Ace , on 7 pin , pin no2 for aux.
pin 1= left ind= yellow
pin 2= aux or reverse sig=black
pin 3= earth=white
pin 4=right ind= green
pin 5=elec brakes=blue
pin 6= stop light=red
pin 7= tail/plate/clearance=brown

if your planning to run the waeco, dont use the normal 7 core,, go up to 6mm cross section thru an anderson plug or at the least a large plug and socket able to acommadate thicker wire ,,
AnswerID: 55524

Reply By: Member -ace ( SA ) - Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 17:29

Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 17:29
thanks undertaker, nice one.
AnswerID: 55528

Sponsored Links