New Landrover & how do yoy e'mail Landrover to get info ???

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 21:21
ThreadID: 12303 Views:2151 Replies:5 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Heard there is a new Landrover on the horizon (not the Discovery or Range Stormer) which is to replace the Defender. Believe it is based on a ford platform and will have the options of Jaguar V8, Ford Burra 6 motor and a new diesel. Has anyone got any other details ???
Also tried to e'mail Landrover to find out more info - guess what I couldn't - dcould not find a feedback or query site and when I found a contact for additional info the e'mail wouldn't work. Hope that is not like the vehicle !!! Though I am interested in this new one and was wondering also will there be a dual cab also. It is about time Land Rover came out with some comfort and some room to move in the cabin plus some power. Look forward to this vehicle.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rosco - Bris. - Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 22:25

Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 22:25
Jeff

I've heard snippets of info as well, but I reckon at this stage it's all very hush hush, much like any manufacturer prior to release.
AnswerID: 55600

Follow Up By: Rosco - Bris. - Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 22:27

Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 22:27
P.S. Snippets included scuttle butt about IFS etc .... surely not.

If that's the case it will be the death knoll of a vehicle with ability.
FollowupID: 317453

Reply By: Member - StevenL - Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 23:27

Thursday, Apr 22, 2004 at 23:27
Seen a couple of articles on Discovery 3 that mention the underpinnings being a common platform that will eventually become the basis of the whole range of larhe Landies. (Disco, Sporty Disco, Defender and Rangie). See this article on Drive.com.au
Article

With all the parent company arrangements these days it is hard to know who owns what and who makes what.

Steven
AnswerID: 55605

Reply By: Member - Bruce (San Diego) - Friday, Apr 23, 2004 at 01:12

Friday, Apr 23, 2004 at 01:12
Jeff,

Perhaps they will put it on the Explorer platform!!!!!!!

One never knows !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce............Just kidding..................maybe not.............???????
AnswerID: 55612

Follow Up By: Member - Bruce (San Diego) - Friday, Apr 23, 2004 at 05:26

Friday, Apr 23, 2004 at 05:26
Actually, driving down the freeway today in San Diego I thought that perhaps they could use the XC-90 Volvo platform.

Bruce
FollowupID: 317470

Reply By: BoneMan - Friday, Apr 23, 2004 at 13:55

Friday, Apr 23, 2004 at 13:55
Go to: (sorry don't know how to do proper links, but I'll try)

2005 LandRover Discovery

if the above doesn't work, try:

http://lrchroniclepub.proboards29.com/index.cgi?board=land22&action=display&num=1080698216

You will find most of the know info over this site and there are lots of links to other sites with relavant info. I for one can't wait for it to come down under.

Cheers,
BoneMan
AnswerID: 55648

Reply By: Aston - Friday, Apr 23, 2004 at 19:28

Friday, Apr 23, 2004 at 19:28
Jeff,

This might interest you as well as others,
[ View Image]

A new high-performance flagship V6 diesel will be the first engine produced at Ford Motor Company's advanced £325 million Dagenham Diesel Centre, which was officially opened today by the British Prime Minister, the Rt. Hon. Tony Blair, M.P.

The state-of-the-art 2.7 litre, common-rail, direct injection V6 engine, is the third stage of the highly successful agreement between Ford Motor Company and PSA Peugeot Citroen. It will make its debut in 2004 in the Jaguar S-TYPE, the first marque to benefit from using this advanced engine.

The 60-degree 24-valveV6 engine, with a capacity of 2.720cc, is new in all respects. Developed as a premium high-performance diesel engine for use in both 'north/south' and 'east/west' applications, it will feature in a number of brands from both companies. It is the result of an intensive collaborative engineering programme between Ford engineers in both the UK and Germany, PSA Peugeot Citroen engineers and Jaguar engineers at the company's research and development centre at Whitley, near Coventry.

To be available in a range of power, torque and emission specifications the new, high efficiency, engine features advanced technologies including the latest generation, high pressure, common-rail, direct injection fuel system and the use of a lightweight Compacted Graphite Iron (CGI) cylinder block. An industry first for high volume cylinder block manufacture, CGI achieves a lightweight, compact, structure of outstanding strength and stiffness for enhanced durability and noise attenuation.

The engine block machining facility is housed in the existing engine plant and will incorporate the first high volume production line to machine and produce the CGI iron blocks.

Advanced design ensures that the V6 engine is Euro IV capable and, with the application of Diesel Particulate Filter technology, particulate emissions are reduced to a level where they are almost undetectable.

The Dagenham Diesel Centre is the first major building on the Dagenham Estate for more than 30 years and its contemporary design and workplace layout is industry leading. It includes a dedicated 'Clean Room Assembly Hall', which will enable teams of designers and engineers to work alongside their manufacturing colleagues, improving communications, speed of development and purchase and quality control operations.

The initial production volume of the new V6 engine will be up to 150,000 units per year, with the scope for further expansion as required. The engine will be installed in Jaguar and PSA Peugeot Citroen vehicles.

Source: Ford Media Site | Date: November 6, 2003

AnswerID: 55678

Sponsored Links