Road Tyres

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 16:49
ThreadID: 12356 Views:1300 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi - I'm looking for a set of tyres for mainly on-road use - are highways definitely better than AT's for this? If so, do you have any suggestions for the best ones? Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: KiwiAngler - Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 17:29

Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 17:29
http://www.coopertires.com.au/tyres/index.htm

http://www.coopertires.com.au/tyres/ht.htm

http://www.coopertires.com.au/tyres/at.htm

I have used Goodrich and Cooper AT both did the job very well. Currently run Cooper ST
Follow me via SPOT:

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=2d464de362759825a

Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 55875

Reply By: navaraman - Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 17:58

Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 17:58
You say mainly "on-road" so this would imply some off road use. This being the case I would go with A/Ts as highways are pretty useless off road except for sand. You will get a slightly harsher ride with A/Ts due to the stiffer tyre wall, a bit more noise and not as much grip particularly on wet bitumen but overall that's the way I would go. I'm currently using Olympic Overlander A/Ts and my car is used 95% on road as it is my work vehicle, it's the other 5% that matters more to me though.
AnswerID: 55881

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)