Best antenna for cdma

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 25, 2004 at 23:56
ThreadID: 12372 Views:2125 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Folks , can anyone help me with the choice of vehicle antenna to go on a motor home,and to be used mainly in the WA Pilbara.
I have two antennas in mind ie.. zcg scalar sg890 dual band 4dbd gain or a
RFI cd 1795 6.5 dbi gain...Can anyone tell me which is the better of thr two and do u have to have a car kit with them.{excuse my ignorance]. Would be grateful for your comments. Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Oznuggets - Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 10:13

Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 10:13
Hi, Have recently fitted an RFI CD1795 antenna to my Kyocera 2235 phone and am quite amazed at the improvement. Have yet to test it in the west ( will do that soon! ) but here in NSW I have been getting roughly double the range in rural areas that I was getting before. Depends on which phone you have as to whether you can use an antenna. I assume you are already aware of this? If you have the external antenna plug you can buy a patch lead to connect straight to antenna. You don't need a car kit unless you want the handsfree facilities etc. Only thing to look out for is be carefull of the socket on the phone when you plug the lead in. Don't twist it and be gentle. I use a leather case with my model and loop the lead back though the velcro on case to give it a bit of extra support. A broken socket (in the case of Kyocera phones) will most likely render your phone to the garbage bin! Hope this helps, Peter
AnswerID: 55978

Reply By: KIni - Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 12:42

Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 12:42
Hi Peter, thanx for the reply! We have a Nokia 6385 CDMA. Was leaning towards the RFI cd 1795. Your comment has helped with the decision.
Regards and happy motoring:)
AnswerID: 55997

Sponsored Links