Canning Stock Route

Submitted: Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 15:23
ThreadID: 12390 Views:1468 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi eveybody,

Finally we are in Australia , the car , a 80 wagon, arrived a couple of weeks ago.
We want to travel the Canning Stock Route but not completly alone.
Is there anyone out there who is planning to travel the Canning Stock Route and who wouldn't mind if two dutchies travelled along?

Hope to here from someone,

Mieke & Erik

It could be a while before we read our mail because we are already travelling

See ya
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bob - Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 15:52

Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 15:52
Erik,
the CSR has been closed recently due to rain. We crossed it at Well 33 about ten days ago. Cath and Karl at the Kunawarritji Store (Well 33) estimate that about 30 vehicles a day go through during the high season, so you won't be alone.
AnswerID: 56021

Follow Up By: Richard Kovac - Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 16:38

Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 16:38
Hi Bob
Just incase the send Msg does not work or anyone else has traveled the some road I would like to hear of there trevels.
Did you travel along the Gary Junction road?
We are looking to come from NT to WA in late May 2004, I cannot fine much info on this road if you did travel on it I would be glad to hear what it was like we are hoping to travel down the CSR to Tallawana track and then to Newman
it will be good to hear from you
Regards
Richard Kovac
FollowupID: 317872

Follow Up By: Member - Bob - Thursday, Apr 29, 2004 at 20:43

Thursday, Apr 29, 2004 at 20:43
Richard,
we came up the Sandy Blight Junction Track to Kintore and the west along the Gary Junction Rd (or Desert Rd) through Kiwirrkurra to Well 33. It is in good condition as far as Kiwi but is washed out around Pollock Hills. There are some large lakes just to the north of the road which were full when we where there. It then is pretty good for the rest of the way.
FollowupID: 318377

Reply By: Member - George (WA) - Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 19:25

Monday, Apr 26, 2004 at 19:25
Hi Mieke & Erik,

I think I can help you regarding the Canning stock Route.
I speak you language.
Travelled along the CSR several times.
You can contact me via email on this forum via the "Send Member Msg"

Cheers
George
AnswerID: 56052

Reply By: TroopyII - Wednesday, May 05, 2004 at 21:38

Wednesday, May 05, 2004 at 21:38
Hi,

When do you plan to be out there? I'd like to do the CSR too, but i'm on my own and it is not really advisable to go out there alone.

The next two weeks I will be in Tasmania and then I am heading north. I think i'll be back in Melbourne the 20. of mai, have there some days of and then starts the trip. Because I will start the trip in Melbourne I was thinking about to do the Anne Beadell Track prior to the CSR.
So if you have similar plans email me at ursicin at gmx dot ch.

I have a well equipped Landcruiser (Troopcarrier) and have quite a lot of outback experience. 2 years ago I've been traveling the Gunbarrel, the Simpson and many other nice places. I'm a swiss, 30 year old male, my english is far away from perfect and I doesn't speek dutch at all...whatelse...I think the rest I'll tell you by email if you want.

Hope to hear soon from you
Urs
AnswerID: 57379

Follow Up By: Member - Erik - Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 17:05

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 17:05
Sorry for the late response but we're just back from the Gibb River road.

We had a change of plans so we are not going to do the Canning Stock,
I'm sorry.

Thank for the response and have fun
FollowupID: 320922

Sponsored Links