LARGE GROVELLING APOLOGY

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 08:18
ThreadID: 12411 Views:1249 Replies:3 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
about the EO visitors - I knew when I finished posting that I had not included everyone and that I would soon hear about it. I beg the indulgence of my good (and kind and nice and intelligent and informative friends) for missing them from the list of visitors - RICK & KELSO - how could I miss you. We had such fun talking about everything. My head hurts from bumping it on the ground in my deep apology. (They thought I missed them out because they think Birdsville should be in SA!!).
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - StevenL - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 08:57

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 08:57
Hey Ruth,

Until I started reading this site I thought Birdsville WAS in SA! You will have to forgive me though, I am from NSW originally and moved to SA about 5 years ago.

Look forward to my turn at the Birdsville CP. Don't know when yet. Have to actually get my vehicle delivered first!

BTW - That was a pretty comprehensive go at a grovelling apology!

Cheers

Steven
AnswerID: 56135

Follow Up By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 10:52

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 10:52
Thanks, wasn't sure if I grovelled enough - anyone else it would have been ok.!!! Hope you get the Playdoe soon - seems to have taken longer than Michelle and David's new baby.
FollowupID: 317961

Follow Up By: Member - StevenL - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 19:04

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 19:04
Thanks Ruth,

I hope it is worth the wait.... You are right. Toyotas seem to have a long gestation. A bit less painful in the abdomen but I am worried about pain in the hip pocket area!!!!

When does the tourist season die down up there?? Work and funds permitting I may look at heading up that way about Oct Nov. I don't mind the heat. Is the track conditions still Ok then?

Cheers

Steven
FollowupID: 318024

Follow Up By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 20:45

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 20:45
Hey StevenL we should be here in Oct. Nov - lucky you like the heat tho. Track conditions then - hmmm, bit like how long is the string usually. No, they are o.k., unless its wet, too dry, too corrugated - whatever! Beer's cold though.
FollowupID: 318181

Reply By: Member - Rick (S.A.) - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 14:45

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 14:45
Phew!

thought that the showers we had at Ruth & Ian's Birdsville CP might not have worked.

Did Andrew Hiscock from Whyalla, in a dark green GU patrol visit you recently? He's a good lad also.

Look out for Willem soon..................

Cheers
AnswerID: 56203

Follow Up By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 16:24

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 16:24
Ha ha! Andrew left Whyalla at 5:00 a.m. Friday and arrived about 7:30 p.m. that night whilst we were sitting around the campfire at the front gate. He is very nice and had a couple of vehicles with him - they buzzed around doing Desert things and were quite busy. Willem is coming soon - Saturday - I'm going to Mt Isa tomorrow very early (unless the rain that's around stops me). Diamantina Lakes had 3 inches last night - must message Bob Y and ask how he went.
FollowupID: 318006

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 17:48

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 17:48
Ruth,
That sure was SOME apology......well done.

I'm impressed by Willem's ability to stay in touch with the FORUM even while he's out on the track with the G60. He must have the inside of that thing set up with every mod-con known!!! LOL I can just picture him sitting there, one hand on the tiller, the other punching the keyboard of a IBM Thinkpad linked up to some STREET PILOT wotname/thingamejig.

FollowupID: 318016

Follow Up By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 19:08

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 19:08
Hi Rick, We spoke to Andrew and his followers in Pt Augusta on their and our way home Monday nigh, They sound as if they had a busy 4 days, are you a member of their club.

Roachie Willem is home read post 12370, shame shame shame not checking your posts when you have been out and about.
FollowupID: 318025

Reply By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 19:32

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2004 at 19:32
Hi Ruth sounds like you had a good Anzac day and busy weekend.
Guess my pressence was hard to forget in your EO list but you did well with your apology.
Had to put up with Roachie all weekend but other than that it was good, cool and very dry in the Flinders.
Cheers for now have a good trip to the ISA and see if you can organize some rain to be sent down by any means possible
AnswerID: 56259

Follow Up By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 20:48

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2004 at 20:48
It precipitated upon our persons this afternoon - 0.6mm in fact - made the tar go all shiny and then got very cold. Had to sit around Sully's campfire tonight and eat pickled pork and vegies by the gidyea coals. Ian's going to Isa 4:30 a.m. tomorrow - my haircut not critical - his beer supply is. Two days outing will do him good - go to the big smoke - reckons he'll save money going himself. Hah!
FollowupID: 318182

Sponsored Links