What sort of tent was that?

Submitted: Friday, Apr 30, 2004 at 16:02
ThreadID: 12511 Views:1495 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I was watching the channel 10 news here in Adelaide on Thursday evening ( 5.00 edition ) and watched an article about an Aboriginal community out near Ceduna on the west coast of South Australia.

What has been done, is the powers that be have purchased some really cool looking canvas tents. They appeared to lend themselves to a geodesic shape, and I believe that they will stay erected more or less permanently.

I have not seen these before, they look as though they would last forever.

Did anyone else see the bulletin?

Does anyone else know where I can find out more info? ( without ringing channel 10 or the mission! )

Cheers

Ian BEE
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: D-Jack - Friday, Apr 30, 2004 at 22:11

Friday, Apr 30, 2004 at 22:11
Ian

I saw them too, and was impressed. They looked too bulky to be small travel tents but would make an interesting alternative to the standard kimberly type canvas centre pole tents. Sorry, no help, don't know where they are from or who makes them. I did find it interesting though, that some of these Aboriginals would prefer to stay in these tents than in a proper house. Shows what a different culture they have to ours (except for the Off-roadie culture of course, who also prefer to live in tents or swags!) Will speak to a few people at work who will have contacts with some Cedunaites and see if I can find out more for you!

D-Jack
AnswerID: 56787

Sponsored Links