Warning - Blacktown (NSW) Opposite Lock In Liquidation

Submitted: Friday, Apr 30, 2004 at 21:15
ThreadID: 12526 Views:2489 Replies:6 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All,

Just drooping a note to let you all know that the Blacktown (NSW) Franchise of Opposite Lock has ceased trading and gone into liquidation.

I was getting some work done on my trailer when it happened. The liquidator has locked the premises with my trailer inside.

I have been speaking to the liquidator, and should get my trailer release next week. Unfortunately, the money I have already paid for the work to be done looks like it is gone (and I assume the work was not completed)

I have to give a big rap to one of the EX subcontractors of this branch who is still fixing and item for me (free of charge) which was incomplete on my car.

I am yet to find out if the parent company of Opposite Lock will take up any shortfall and complete the works to my trailer that I have already paid for.

I will keep all informed

Thanks

TonyG
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Brett H (QLD) - Friday, Apr 30, 2004 at 23:08

Friday, Apr 30, 2004 at 23:08
Keep on their back or they will sell it.
AnswerID: 56797

Follow Up By: Member - TonyG (NSW) - Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 07:55

Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 07:55
Hi Brett H,

I have spoken to the liquidator twice in the last 2 days.

The liquidator has clearly identified which trailer is mine as he was told by the business owner, and I am about to forward to them a copy of my registration papers as proof.

My problem is not "IF" I will get my trailer back, but "WHEN" I will get the trailr back and in what condition.

It is only a case of how much work was done to the trailer before the liquidators moved in (I am assuming nothing was done)

At best, all works were completed, at worst nothing was done. Maybe the liquidator may give me the parts that were ordered for the trailer and I can install them myself.

We will have to wailt & see

Thanks

TonyG
FollowupID: 318575

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 01:34

Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 01:34
What exactly did you pay for up front? unusual having to pay before work completed..

As other bloke said, get onto them ...
AnswerID: 56806

Follow Up By: Member - TonyG (NSW) - Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 07:49

Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 07:49
Hi Truckster,

I booked in to get work done on my car and my trailer.

The day I went to pick both the car & trailer up, they had only completed the work on the car. The trailer was still yet to be done. (Value of work 80% car - 20% trailer).

I left the trailer at ther premises, and thought it would be easier to pay for the total amount when I picked up the car, thinking that the trailer would be ready the next day, or day after.

I never in my wildest thoughts would have considered that a company with the brand name of Opposite Lock would go into Liquidation, and I thought it was a sign of good faith on my part paying for the total amount at the one time.

It just shows I fell for their advertising, thinking they were a big and trustworthy organisation. I thought better to be safe with dealing with a reputable brand rather than possibly dealing with smaller unknown organisations.

As I said in my earlier post, one of their ex subcontractors who installed a dual battery into my car is repairing a faultly component free of charge (as I have already paid for it). This person is to be congratulated for his decency.

I will see how the Head Company performs and see if they come to the party, I would have thought their reputation was more important than having customers that have been ripped off.

Thanks

TonyG
FollowupID: 318574

Follow Up By: GO_OFFROAD - Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 08:08

Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 08:08
Orgainise with them to pick the unit up, and that you wish to inspect the premises to ensure non of your equipment has been removed from the trailer, before accepting delivery of your trailer.

They should ahve people who can meet you or who will be stocktaking onsite within a week, so push them hard.
FollowupID: 318576

Reply By: rolande- Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 08:58

Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 08:58
Tony,
Is this the one referred to as Sydney North? Sent them a money order for a couple hundred for parts.
Rolande
AnswerID: 56824

Follow Up By: Member - TonyG (NSW) - Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 09:21

Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 09:21
Hi Rolande,

It is not the one referred to as Sydney North.

My understanding is they are all individual franchises, The one I was dealing with ws Sydney west

Thanks

TonyG
FollowupID: 318584

Follow Up By: rolande- Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 17:11

Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 17:11
Tony,
Thanks, rang them this morning to make sure all is A.O.K. Hope everything works out for you
Rolande
FollowupID: 318624

Reply By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 14:28

Saturday, May 01, 2004 at 14:28
They did a lot of work on my Patrol when I got it & was totaly satisfied, but it has gone downhill since new owner took over & moved it to current location. Customer service was nowhere as good as old owner. Good oppertunity there for someone.
AnswerID: 56841

Reply By: Seto - Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 00:06

Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 00:06
Mate of mine had paid a $200 deposit a week ago on a rear bar & wheel carrier.

Could you tell me who is handling the liquidation so I can put him intouch with them.

David
AnswerID: 56889

Follow Up By: Member - TonyG (NSW) - Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 07:25

Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 07:25
Hi Seto,

Liquidator is Rogers & Reedy

Contact - Steeth Trafford-Jones

Ph: 02 9262-1944

He seems like a preety decent guy to deal with.

Hope this helps

TonyG
FollowupID: 318674

Reply By: Nudenut - Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 14:45

Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 14:45
bloody mongrels? ....if it was mismanagement the directors of co's who trade while insolvent should be made to pay up even if it is after the event.
AnswerID: 56920

Sponsored Links