Back to the fold

Submitted: Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 11:54
ThreadID: 12542 Views:1373 Replies:3 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Well after an interesting and moving "Laying up of the Colours" ceromony and Anzac day in Wagga we had a few days playing around in the Alps before the snow hits. So now we plan our next sojurn. Dont know where yet but its too cold for me here so I'll have to get the navigator arked up . It was interesting noticing the aftermath of those horific fires in the high country. There are places where regenerating is happening but other areas nothing but devestation still with no sign of life.
So back to the fold with heaps of reading to catch up on here,including the nasty posts lol. Hope you all have been behaving!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 12:06

Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 12:06
Hi Macca, good to see you made it home safe. It'll be interesting to see where the navigator chooses for you to go to...

I'm not sure if I"ve been behaving...probably not

cheers

Lyn
AnswerID: 56908

Follow Up By: Member - Allan Mac (VIC) - Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 12:20

Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 12:20
Jan says were not going nowhere till she gets her Magpie fix.
Couldn't imagine you misbehaving. How was the Anzac day up in your neck of the woods?
FollowupID: 318690

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 12:25

Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 12:25
well I hope that Jan brings some good luck to our 'pies...they need it at the moment...at temporary slump though I hope.. :))

I can't imagine me misbehaving either, but I guess that depends on one's interpretation...

Anzac day was lovely...a great morning service in the main street of Lancefield - very chilly, but a couple of hundred people there, and for a little community that was great..and a cup of tea and bikkies in the Mechanics hall..and a chit chat with residents..[read gossip session..ahahahhaa]...and lunch out in Wombat Forest with other forumites....standing around a campfire enjoying the bush....

glad your Anzac day went well too...

Lyn
FollowupID: 318691

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 12:18

Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 12:18
Yes Welcome back Macca, the fires sure did some damage but will probably be attributed with several layers of new growh and species in the years to come, around Hotham the effects have been devastating and will take ages to regenerate. I have been trying to "keep a lid" on the behavior here since you mention it, but alas, some have strayed to the dark side. Glad you're back, your unique sense of justice is welcommed.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 56909

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 12:26

Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 12:26
May the force be with you Bonz,
FollowupID: 318692

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 12:34

Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 12:34
And also with you young Jedi
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 318693

Follow Up By: Member - Allan Mac (VIC) - Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 21:24

Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 21:24
I agree with you about Hotham also the road from Omeo across to Falls creek has some sorry sights too along with Buffalo. It was the first time Jan had been up there so she has seen it at the worst so have promised her another trip up there when it comes back to life. Given the sad state it was in it was still fun getting around some of the tracks there. And got to say I also agree about some of the family drifting on to the dark side. Gunna have to get the big stick out and wave it between some errant legs!
FollowupID: 318728

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 16:45

Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 16:45
You've been missed, Macca, - gone to the dogs, rack and ruin, mayhem - they all need a firm hand. Glad you had a good Anzax Day - we had a beauty here - even bigger next year. Have started on it already.
AnswerID: 56937

Follow Up By: Member - Allan Mac (VIC) - Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 21:29

Sunday, May 02, 2004 at 21:29
Hi Ruth, not wrong about going to the dogs. more like rack and ruin too. Would love to do Anzac day up there but have promised my grandaughter faithfully that I will march in Melbourne next year. She plays a clarinet in her school band and it marches on Anzac day. Her band was in front of my unit this year and , alas POP wasn't there to enjoy with her
We are planning a boys only (3 sons and son in law and 5 grandsons) trip up ther in July next year so know doubt will catch up with you then if not before
FollowupID: 318730

Sponsored Links