Qld Gold Coast 4WDing

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 04, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1255 Views:1538 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We're heading to Byron and Gold Coast in October, and would appreciate any feedback on 4WD day trips in these areas. Have a couple of ideas (Lamington NP, Main Range NP). Also any recommendations for maps, sites etc. Thanks, Tony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DennisN - Sunday, Jun 09, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Jun 09, 2002 at 00:00
G'day Tony,

Your post looks a bit short on answers mate so I thought i would throw in my two bobs worth. Only get over that way occasionally, but for a great bit of refreshing and light 4WD activity you should take on the DUCK CREEK ROAD up to O'Reilly's fabulous guest house in the clouds. Can be a wee bit heavy after rain, but in dry conditions it is a pleasant [if occasionally bumpy] off road track, and if you tackle it from the bottom a magnificent lunch awaits you at O'Reilly's. Its just as nice coming down, but that depends on what sort of liquid you consumed at lunch :). have alook at http://www.wildwood.com.au for a small mudmap which shows how to locate Black Duck Rd from the Beaudesert end. the site also has some interesting info on camp sites they manage in the area. Enoy the bush.
AnswerID: 4099

Follow Up By: Member - Tony - Sunday, Jun 09, 2002 at 00:00

Sunday, Jun 09, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks DennisN. I had your suggestion in mind, saw it on a Qld Tourism site (some notes from a 4WD tour who charge $390pp! Lucky I've got the ol' 4Runner!). I'll check out that website, and thanks again for your reply! Cheers, Tony
FollowupID: 1755

Sponsored Links