r290 / Globalstar

Submitted: Monday, May 03, 2004 at 19:10
ThreadID: 12572 Views:1835 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Finally got my r290 from 'ei'.
First one went missing, so after 4 weeks they shipped another - I was getting a bit nervy having paid the bucks - but the second arrived in 6 days.
Connected to Globalstar 35 plan today, everything seems to work on digital and sat although I had to ring Globalstar to change a few setting for SMS to work. Globalstar seemed very helpful. Can get the suspension facility ($11 / mth) for 3 months per year - girl on the switch said " chances are they won't check when you last did it so you will probably get away with the facility whenever you want" - worth a try I guess to save the $24 / month (I probably won't bother as I'd probably have forgetten to reconnect the one time I got bitten by Mr. Brownsnake or bogged in the swamp :-))

I love tech toys - I'll tell you about my Apple OS 10.3 one day - so its worth $35 a month to me for something new to play with (cheaper than the horses or pokies I reckon).

Thanks everyone who posted about the r290 here, esp. MightyQ who I think started the thread (apologies if it was someone else).
Regards,
Brad.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bob - Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 16:41

Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 16:41
Brad,
glad to see another tech toy nut and Mac user on the forum. I've got OS 10.3 running on some five machines at home, the oldest being an 8600/250 with a G3 upgrade card in it.
AnswerID: 57187

Sponsored Links