Rear work light on 120 Prado

Submitted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 09:45
ThreadID: 12592 Views:4467 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'Day all,
I finally got hold of the Hella work light I was looking for but now have a bit of an issue as to where to mount it!? My intention was to fit it on an extendable pole behind the spare wheel but unfortunatly, because the spare fits so close to the rear door, it won't fit. Any ideas people? Has anyone else gone down this track? I also thought of fitting it to the third, unused rear roof rack mounting position, but it does restrict some parking options. Obviously security and ease of opperation also has to be concidered.
All thoughts welcomed.
Regards,
Bazza.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - AndrewPatrol - Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 10:39

Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 10:39
Kaymar does a spacer that fits between the rear door and spare wheel carrier. I think it costs about $50 it also has the facility for fitting your worklight with a piece of steel tubing. very neat.
AnswerID: 57137

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 10:54

Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 10:54
I have my worklight fitted behind the spare tyre on my GU. I simply fitted a 20mm RHS spacer between the wheel mounting bracket and the back door. I incorporated a slider into the spacer for the work light to fit into. As for security, I remove the worklight and keep it in the back drawers until needed. A simple quick connect plug mechanism is used for the power lead that simply tucks into the slider when not being used.

Cheers

Captain
AnswerID: 57140

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Wednesday, May 05, 2004 at 16:15

Wednesday, May 05, 2004 at 16:15
I use a torch.
lol, sorry but I do!! Got two rechargable latterns and a reacharable 1,000000 cadle power spotty plugged in the back cigarette light 24/7.
How much clearance is there between the bottom of the spare and the bumper, might be able to mount it to the top of the bumper under the spare.
AnswerID: 57327

Sponsored Links