tb42 flood problem

Submitted: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 19:30
ThreadID: 12609 Views:4127 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
hi can anyone help with my tb42 carby mavrick .it keeps on flooding at idle , needle and seat seem fine ,fuel filter is near in brand new .the only thing i have not check is wheater the float is filling with fuel . any ideas ?
regards stephenjNQ.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: IXP10R - Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 19:41

Tuesday, May 04, 2004 at 19:41
i have an 88 gq same prob does it do it mainly when cold or all the time if only when cold the auto choke assembly could be problem or if warm check the choke breaker assembly. This opens the choke fully via vacuum when the accelerator is pressed hard ie normal driving if this is playing up the choke will still be partly closed causing overfueling problem. I have rebuilt my carby and checked everything even replaced all the jets idle through to secondary power and seem to get the problem every now and again. The only total solution would be to replace with a holly equivalent (could be illegal in some states) or try a carby professional

Good luck
AnswerID: 57219

Reply By: Aston - Wednesday, May 05, 2004 at 00:57

Wednesday, May 05, 2004 at 00:57
Hi Steve,
Check your fuel height ie: the float setting could be too high.

To check if the float has a hole give it a shake first and see if you can here anything, then immerse it in hot water and see if there are any bubbles.

Make sure that the needle of the needle & seat has not worn a dent in the adjusting tab as sometimes this can cause sticking.

If its a Viton tipped needle these can cause problems sometimes, get a new one.

Check that the float is not rubbing against any thing in its travel up & down

Check the pivot of the float to make sure that there is not too much sideways movement.

Last of all check your fuel pressure.

Cheers Aston
AnswerID: 57267

Reply By: Mrs Diamond - Wednesday, May 05, 2004 at 17:29

Wednesday, May 05, 2004 at 17:29
check your accelarator pump they leak sometimes at idle but wont under power.
see quite a few of them at work carby centa bendigo
AnswerID: 57338

Sponsored Links