Wombat Forest & the Local Press

Submitted: Friday, May 07, 2004 at 10:35
ThreadID: 12671 Views:1551 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
For JohnR and anyone else who might be interested...2 of my local papers have arrived - The Macedon Ranges Leader and the Midland Express [we may get another one yet..] and I've gone through them 1/2 dozen times each and there is NOTHING written about the meeting at all. Initially one of my local papers I think it was the Midland Express had an article about the first meeting but it was halfway through the paper and not well advertised at all....I shall keep my eyes on the press to see if there are any developments....

cheers

Lyn
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Friday, May 07, 2004 at 10:57

Friday, May 07, 2004 at 10:57
Yeah i couldn't find anything in them either, maybe they don't have anything nice to say, so they aren't saying anything at all....
AnswerID: 57598

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Friday, May 07, 2004 at 11:50

Friday, May 07, 2004 at 11:50
perhaps so....

quite a bit about the Cobaw Forest though....
FollowupID: 319380

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Friday, May 07, 2004 at 12:21

Friday, May 07, 2004 at 12:21
Lyn,

I guess it isn't one of the priorities in the local press we may have thought. Thanks for info passed on though Lyn.

It is more of the state issues where a Government is trying to do apply policy to an area and a group of users without accepting the brickbats. Of course trying to make sure the Greens give their votes the to the Government at the next election.

We have already seen the way this week a government in a strong position in both houses can be very slap dash about their positioning. MPs going home early from one of the very few listed dates for the upper house to meet this year. One has to shake ones head at guys like that one.

Hope that yesterdays parties we not too wearing and all the very best to you at The Als ;-)
AnswerID: 57605

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Friday, May 07, 2004 at 12:46

Friday, May 07, 2004 at 12:46
interesting though..it was an issue when the local councillors were standing for re election and there was an article about the first meeting and that there would be subsequent meetings - though no advertising of any dates....I shall keep a watch to see if something pops up...

yesterday was fine...tomorrow though is when the rest of his family come up...that could be fun... :))

Lyn
FollowupID: 319385

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Friday, May 07, 2004 at 18:25

Friday, May 07, 2004 at 18:25
You would ythink that there was something, I havent seen anything in the Herald Sun either but haven't had much time to pore over it. I just think that if a thousand greenies turned up and started chaining themselves to saplings the pollies would be jumping on the bandwagon. A thousand offroaders don't rate a mention.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 319424

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Friday, May 07, 2004 at 20:12

Friday, May 07, 2004 at 20:12
Lyn,

We all rely on you, Truckster, Joe and all other interested people to watch and see what was happening. We can then see how to rouse the troops to attend the joint interests. Even then we can never be sure of the response.

I like to see your reporting though, thank you. Just as we enjoyed meeting you and the family in the forest, all the associations are important.
AnswerID: 57661

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Friday, May 07, 2004 at 20:18

Friday, May 07, 2004 at 20:18
John, happy to keep people informed as to what is happening up here...and to be honest I can't believe the silence from certain parties at the moment....

Lyn
FollowupID: 319434

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 00:17

Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 00:17
Itaped the winnews local from monday night but wheni replayed it it was warbled and scratchy due to an old tape
will try again in case it was just the heads on the old jvc vcr!

was trying to put it on digital to share on net and forums.

i rang and e-mailed them for a copy also but as yet no answer since wednesday

frustrating
AnswerID: 57698

Sponsored Links