3.2lt Non Turbo Navara 1998

Submitted: Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 15:36
ThreadID: 12696 Views:4487 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
A mate of mine is looking at a dual cab one of these but I don't know a lot about them. Would apprecate any feedback good or bad on what they are like.
Thanks
Tom
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nav_man - Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 16:46

Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 16:46
Hello Tom,
I have the 2000 model 3.2 Navara, they are a good 4wd, if your mate is going to be towing a trailer of any sort I hope he doesn't mind going steady, but without a trailer they are ok. I have had a turbo fitted to mine i opted to go this way as i didn't want computers and such like the new 3.0lts have, I am amazed the power thats it produces with the turbo. The standard suspension was a little soft, front and back so i have had Old man emu gear put under her with a 2 inch lift.
Overall i am very happy with mine and have no regrets buying it.
AnswerID: 57741

Reply By: navaraman - Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 17:40

Saturday, May 08, 2004 at 17:40
I agree with Nav_Man. They are OK off road, mine hasn't left me wanting yet, great in Low range for steep hills. A bit slow on the highway without the turbo, I haven't got one yet but it's on the wish list. I use mine as my daily driver/work vehicle so it gets a lot of use, averagges about 12l/100km. It definately handles better with a bit of weight in the back but I guess all utes are the same. Biggest downside for me is the small tank, I'm looking to fill up after about 380 kms, still plenty of room in the back for jerry cans.
AnswerID: 57744

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 00:13

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 00:13
happy with mine just over 100,000 kms naturally aspirated (for now )
good econ and low gearing as stated but unfortunately only the arb (read expensive ) locker available on the diesel.
better economy between 90-100kmph
a little smaller in rear legroom (not a bpoblem for my boys as yet.
motor is simple and easy to service cheap on consumables from sakura filters (japan as recomended there) .
get aftermarket suspension if not already on especially if you have a bullbar and other gear.
front recovery mounts need to be custom made some just use the bar mounts.
they dont come standard with kids restraining points $200 + each.

what kms and and how much is the one he is looking at?

good luck
AnswerID: 57793

Sponsored Links