transponder keys

Submitted: Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 12:15
ThreadID: 12716 Views:2058 Replies:6 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
hi all the transponder key can cost a lot of $$$ if you have lost your master key or if the ecu is full toyotas can only have 4 keys in it so if you are on the 4th key and you want a new key you will need to get a new ecu from toyota big $$$$ but so locksmiths can repair your old one and remove the old keys you do not have from the old ecu so you start back at the start like its a nuw ecu this can save lots of $$$ so look for a good locksmith the master locksmiths association can help www.mlaa.com.au or the locksmith that can help is s.a.s. locksmiths are big in to transponders and can get you going
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bitsumishin - Mike A (WA) - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 12:29

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 12:29
There's a separate section on this website for Adverts. The forum page is not the place IMHO
AnswerID: 57825

Follow Up By: the locksmith - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 12:44

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 12:44
yes thats good if you have lost your keys mike you can go there and get some info but think a head get the your new car key now if you only have 1 so you do not have to pay$$$ and not have your can for 1 to 2 days. you may thing its advertsing but i thing of it as help sorry if you do not think so i hate haveing to make you pay $1500 to $3000 to get new key for your car but if you think it just a advertsing its not me your my shop that will make you pay its toyota
FollowupID: 319583

Follow Up By: Member - StevenL - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 13:34

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 13:34
obviously locksmith school did not teach punctuation the use of a full stop would help every now and then that way we would be able to read the text without turning blue that is what punctuation does it helps people read stuff just like they were talking if you are offering general advice about toyota keys then thats great but if you are just touting for business then please do it in the right place

Cheers

Steven
FollowupID: 319590

Follow Up By: Moneypit - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 13:43

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 13:43
Tut Tut Steven,

Mother would have told you over and over that two wrongs do not a right make.

Didn't say it wouldn't make me smile but. [And I know you can't start a sentence with and and end it with but!!!]

8-)

Dave

FollowupID: 319591

Reply By: Dorothy Dix - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 13:38

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 13:38
Thanks locksmith, so s.a.s locksmiths can help with transponders huh? That is very re-assuring to know. :)

Can you also re-assure us that they are a trustworthy outfit who would not try to take advantage of a forum by getting in a free plug, and further that they are taking out a sponsorship deal with this site so that they can continue to help out users with generic locksmith-related problems that the users may have from time to time?? :)) Huh?

Signed,
Dorothy
AnswerID: 57831

Follow Up By: Leroy - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 20:15

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 20:15
He's going to advertise with ExplorOZ so we can then asume he has some sort of credability....until then I'm sure everyone will avoid him!

Leroy....hehe
FollowupID: 319635

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 22:02

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 22:02
Honda does the same with bikes, its called HISS Honda intergrated Security system.

4 keys, then you need to dish out $2000 for a new computer. Most people go for aftermarket ECUs
AnswerID: 57904

Reply By: the locksmith - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 08:29

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 08:29
i think you just need to take the free advice and run whith it as it is.
yes i am a locksmith and yes i love my job as i hope you love yours i am just giveing you the Information . have you got some? do you now know its not a small job of cutting a key? do you think if you only have one key you will get one cut now and the transponder set ? i hope you all have got something out of this take a look at how you have attacked me for just giving you information. is this how you run a forum i think a forum is for free advice? and as i am giveing it and not selling it i think i am just helping you to see the value in geting a key cut now.
AnswerID: 57936

Follow Up By: Hedonist - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 09:31

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 09:31
Locksmith,

The expert advice is welcome - and as long as you provide it without naming your business it will be well received.

I value reading the genuine information and user experiences with different products and services that I get here - It makes a refreshing change from the advertorials and propaganda that fills most magazines and media outlets. The problem comes when unscrupulous commercial operators attempt to advertise their own business under the pretence of informed and helpful discussion - If we tolerate this the independance and value of everyone's feedback is reduced.

It is nothing personal, just the way it is.

Cheers,
Pete
FollowupID: 319691

Reply By: Kiwi Ray - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 08:35

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 08:35
Hi All
I do not see a problem
A fellow forumite is providing some info that may help one of us sooner than we may think
Ray
AnswerID: 57937

Follow Up By: the locksmith - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 08:39

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 08:39
thanks Ray
FollowupID: 319687

Reply By: Member - Bradley- Monday, May 10, 2004 at 11:49

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 11:49
Hey there mr locksmith, yes that is good info that a lot of people may not know, having been through the dramas of trying to get a second transponder key for my 98 jackaroo, i purchased a blank $$ got it cut and then tried to program it with the tech2 unit at the holden dealer i was working for at the time.. for some unfound reason the ecu would not program the key as it said the key was already programmed ?? ( maybee bad key ). Anyway, someone mentioned that a locksmith might be able to 'ghost' the new key to the same data as the existing key, but i tried a few places and they could not help with this.. Is this possible ?? the transponder is a texas instuments unit operating with an isuzu ecu. The vehicle induction coil is working properly. ANY IDEAS ??? Thanks Brad.
AnswerID: 57961

Follow Up By: the locksmith - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 11:57

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 11:57
yes you may need to erase old key from the ecu as you can only have 4 i think give this a go and yes its a texas chip if you have no luck look 4 a locksmith that has a ad100 it can erase old keys from the ecu so you can put a new one in
FollowupID: 319715

Follow Up By: Member - Bradley- Monday, May 10, 2004 at 15:18

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 15:18
OK, will look for a locky with the ' ad100 ' machine. The tech2 showed only 2 keys programmed but i will try anything to get it working. Thanks again mr smith.

PS we get a lot of veiled ads on here so if this wasn't the intention, i apologise for some of the negative response you recieved. Thanks again for the info..
FollowupID: 319743

Sponsored Links