Forum Date Posted or Response date

Submitted: Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 12:42
ThreadID: 12717 Views:1372 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
A while ago I mentioned that I preferred to read my forum ordered by most recent Response Date rather than the date the post was lodged. Whilst I could select this option, each time I went into exploroz, I needed to set it again. I suggested we be able to choose it as a default. I notice today that you have indeed done just as I asked. From my home page now when I select Forum it always starts from Response date. To David & the gang, thanks for a terrific site and for listening to your customers for their views on what they want from this type of site. Keep up the good work
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Moneypit - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 13:26

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 13:26
David

Is this just a member thing or can us 'hangers on' do the same thing

Dave
AnswerID: 57830

Follow Up By: Member - Brett H (QLD) - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:46

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:46
Stop hanging on and join.
FollowupID: 319617

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 14:11

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 14:11
You can also so it see reply in thread below.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 319734

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 14:51

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 14:51
Mike,

Ah you found it. I was a little unsure about exactly who had requested this however I had it on the list and it got done.

The Post Sort option is now stored in the ExplorOz cookie stored on your computer. So now when you select Response Sort it stores this in your system and will remember each time you visit from that computer. It does not get stored in your members profile or anything and it will work for all users.

I am still working out the best way to insert the new threads into the correct location in the response sort. This is a little harder as a basic sort by response means that if there is no response the systems sort can only be first or last in the current selection (currently last - so the last few pages should contain the un-answered). I have just had a thought on this I will investigate.

David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 57987

Sponsored Links