New Police blitz

Submitted: Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:02
ThreadID: 12725 Views:1543 Replies:10 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
A couple of mates were out at Wombat this weekend , here supprised to see police sitting alongside tracks conducting RWC on all 4x4 vehicles enetering these tracks . They were not lenient either, the smallest petrusion from tyres was given caneries . People were booked for not having mud flaps , any mod. withought engineers was also Given a canerie . I bloke was also booked after leaving the bush with mud on tail light lenses and numberplate.

Similar report was for tracks in Toolangi ( but only booking on th Hwy)

I guess its all starting again, I am really getting peved off , as a 18 yr old they went after us for lowered cars , now I am going to get booked for 2 high lol . Unbeleiveble
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: uther - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:20

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:20
Eric...if this sort of tax and revenue raising was given the shove, and the young and over zealous police were given the same amount of instruction on how to treat fellow humans, we may feel like we have a police force worth supporting. I have no problem with a definate unroadworthy vehicle being put off the road due to safety of others, but I have heard and seen this "nit picking" garbage before, and I think it stinks. And if you think this is because I have had something bad happen to me ......your wrong, I was a Copper for ten years, and I,m looking at the type of treatment people are getting from the "type" of police that we are now have and I hang my head in shame. I am totally ashamed and regret that I ever belonged to this group of people. There sure needs to be a big change in the training of police and treament of the public, before I couldsupport them in any way. Uther.
AnswerID: 57868

Follow Up By: Member Eric - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:42

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:42
I must support your thoughts there Uther. I miss the police of yesteryear that were able to give you clip behind the ear and a move on . The force has changed and its not to my liking
FollowupID: 319616

Reply By: GOB & denny vic member - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:21

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:21
i wonder who could have started this crap now let me see whose toes have we stood on in the last couple of weeks i suppose its a bit hard to put a canary on a greenies push bike and they woudnt drive smoke burning old vw,s etc out in the bush and drop blokes of wood with nails rthru so it must be those nasty people who have been out enjoying the bush in there well kept (well most) 4bs

steve

AnswerID: 57869

Follow Up By: GLD - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:36

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:36
GOB & denny vic,

I don't really understand what you are half trying to say....perhaps if you had an opinion, you could please be direct and say it instead of talking in riddles.
FollowupID: 319615

Follow Up By: GOB & denny vic member - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:46

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:46
gld have you taken any notice of what is and going to happen in wombat state forest if not have a look at the posts and then see if you think the greenies and labor govt are in bed together is that plain enough
steve
FollowupID: 319618

Follow Up By: GLD - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:56

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:56
GOB & denny

Thanks for being clear.

Although I haven't been directly involved in the Womat thing, I have been taking an interest in it by reading what I can. There are differing opinions as to the cause and expected outcome, and I haven't got enough info to be sure about who's really doing what....so I'll keep an open mind on this one and keep listening to all sides.
FollowupID: 319620

Follow Up By: John - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 19:18

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 19:18
GLD
How much clearer can the issue of Wombat and the potential outcome of the CFM process be to all Victorian recreational users (Not just 4wd's) If the Greenies are allowed to hijack the process and control the vote.

If you have not read the information that is readily avaliable in the public domain, then you would not understand.
If you have read it you would not be in what apears to be a state of confusion.
Your statement
(I haven't got enough info to be sure about who's really doing what) ??????????????? This says it all.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 319629

Follow Up By: GOB & denny vic member - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 20:37

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 20:37
gld this area has not been ahigh police target now after the bug supposedly hijacked a meeting in daylesford last week the government seem to be trying a different tact drive em out with the cops and unfotunately you will find a lot of them amongst the members of clubs doing something they dont want to do but you can bet orders have come from high above to rid the forest of pesty 4bs (sorry pesty)
otherwise why there presence all of a sudden or am i just being overly suspicious you tell me
steve
FollowupID: 319646

Reply By: Member - Athol (NSW) - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:32

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:32
Gob , don't bet on it on the news the other night a bloke in QLD. booked for ansewering his mobile phone on his pushbike. Where will it end !!!
AnswerID: 57871

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic) - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:43

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 18:43
GOB has a point about the Combi panel vans I think there. I wonder how many of them would actually be legal on the road, let alone what they may be smoking or where their plot may be. Nice forest celaring I reckon......

It is a change on the persecution of speedsters though. There has been an acknowledgement of the number of accidents with people with drugs in their bloodstream but they seldom seem to seek that group of people. I guess I had better watch out for my blood pressure tablets

I wonder how long before they actually begin to look at crime and criminals.
AnswerID: 57875

Follow Up By: GOB & denny vic member - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 21:18

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 21:18
goodday john how are you and heather going .just reading some more about wombat but cannot work out where the june meeting is to be .at this stage will it take place until the postal vote goes thru

steve
FollowupID: 319650

Reply By: Joe - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 20:36

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 20:36
No one would be upset if they were targeting unsafe, unroadworthy vehicles, picking on the likes of mud flaps and dirty lenses is nit picking.
I recently had a conversation with an officer who complained that young people did not respect the authority of the police force any more, and this upset him.
As a guy in his 50's the above Wombat examples to me simply show that the reason for the loss of respect has a lot to do with the actions they take and way they behave.
REgards
Joe
AnswerID: 57895

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 21:59

Sunday, May 09, 2004 at 21:59
Nothing more than PAYBACK for the Meeting the other week....

They will get us out of WOMBAT one way or another.

Should arrange for 1200 BOG STOCK 4wds to head there next weekend and really shaft them.
AnswerID: 57903

Follow Up By: GLD - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 08:07

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 08:07
quote Truckster "Should arrange for 1200 BOG STOCK 4wds to head there next weekend and really shaft them."

In theory this might sound ok, but, IMO, would only indicate "bully" tactics and give the greenies and govt more ammo.
FollowupID: 319680

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 00:02

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 00:02
truckster hit the nail on the head im afraid .
thats is the reason (unfortunately ) why i will stay away from wombat for the time being (unless im in a hippie van ).
like us prison guard troops and cia im not paranoid (am i ) but i think vic police got this order from a higher source.

AnswerID: 57919

Follow Up By: Member - Bradley- Monday, May 10, 2004 at 12:01

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 12:01
Guess what, i went out there the other day with a mate and what did i see in the middle of the scrub down a 'track' - a Battered up old combi with it's group of feral wanna be hippies.. Rave tunes a pumpin out as well...... Damn straight the orders came from a higher source...
FollowupID: 319717

Reply By: John - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 11:15

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 11:15
I was up Mt Disapointment a few months ago and the cops and the Parks people were chasing motor bikes for recreational rego and road worthy stuff.
I stopped on my own account for a talk to them no hassle to me.
They said they do this on a regualr basis at all state forests etc.

Maybe they finally got around to looking at 4wd's.
Maybe this was prompted by the higher visability that the CFM proccess has created in this area.
Maybe they just decided to target all recreational vehicles including 4wd's.
Maybe they will continue to do this at Wombat and elsewhere.
Maybe they have decided to target 4wd's as they have not done so before.
Maybe it was just the turn of Wombat.

We will never know, but they can pull us up at anytime and any place, the bottom line is they have that right and the responsibility to ensure all vehicles are in a road worthy condition.

There is nothing we can do about any of it except to ensure our vehicle's complie.

It won't stop me. I will not bow to pressure from any source, I will continue to head tp Wombat as usual otherwise the bastards have caused us to bend to there pressure. And I for one will not do that.

And no I am not a cop nor am I a lover of the attitude of quite a number of police, but unfortuantly we do need them in our society.
Who do you call when you are in trouble ?
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 57955

Follow Up By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 11:41

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 11:41
A good mate or my family is who I call. I work in security and know first hand from many many experiences that 9 times out of 10, a good mate will get to you in half the time of a copper, and if you see some of my mates they will probally be more effective too! (hey Uppy, would you argue with Benny if he had a crow bar and a bad temper??) LOL
FollowupID: 319709

Reply By: Jeff (Beddo) - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 18:37

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 18:37
You'll probaly find that this is an attempt to get rid of the problem issues - especially illegal use of unregistered trail bikes - and as part of this operation the police usually stop all vehicles and do random breath tests etc.

The police and rangers have done blitzs like this in the Wattagans SF just near Newcastle and has resulted in a reduction in unregistered noisey bikes and reduced stolen vehicles being driving by drunk idiots around the place in the forest. Most people I have spoken to up here have thought the efforts were very positive.
AnswerID: 58025

Reply By: Jeff (Beddo) - Monday, May 10, 2004 at 18:38

Monday, May 10, 2004 at 18:38
You'll probaly find that this is an attempt to get rid of the problem issues - especially illegal use of unregistered trail bikes - and as part of this operation the police usually stop all vehicles and do random breath tests etc.

The police and rangers have done blitzs like this in the Wattagans SF just near Newcastle and has resulted in a reduction in unregistered noisey bikes and reduced stolen vehicles being driving by drunk idiots around the place in the forest. Most people I have spoken to up here have thought the efforts were very positive.
AnswerID: 58026

Sponsored Links