Injector Pumps

Submitted: Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 11:55
ThreadID: 12832 Views:1822 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hey all,
I bought a hj61 landcruiser basically no rust what so ever, the clutch i think is close to going but i think thats it for now. Does anyone know how to tell when your injector pump is going and perhaps prices on injector pumps for the 1989 model ??? and when i start my cruiser in the morning and also when its running at high rev's it blows like this fine smoke, i think its greyish but no idea what does that mean???

Also what do you think a fair a sale price for this vehicle would be??
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: robb - Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 12:39

Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 12:39
Hi cert, no idea on the injector pump price, but I bought a 1986 model Factory Turbo diesel about 2 months ago, great condition, has had a little rust in the rear sills above the windows buts thats all and has been repaired, 300k, and I paid $8000 for it. Cheers
AnswerID: 58437

Reply By: Alex Callaghan - Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 13:10

Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 13:10
G'day Cert,
An injector pump thats on it's way out would result in the vehical being slow to pick up revs and give a less responsive fell when ya mash the acelerator (this could be cactus injetor nozzels or a cloged inline fitter aswell).
Altough, you being new to the vehical it might be hard to know if it's working the way it should or not so if you want to know for sure you sould get the pump and injectors flow tested.
As far as a "New" injector pump you won't get one and you would be far better off getting the existing pump rebuilt. A rebuild can't really have a price put on it until they take the pump apart and see whats wrong. With a Diesel injector pump rebuild you could pay anywhere between $1000 and $2500.

AnswerID: 58441

G'day Cert,
An injector pump thats on it's way out would result in the vehical being slow to pick up revs and give a less responsive fell when ya mash the acelerator (this could be cactus injetor nozzels or a cloged inline fitter aswell).
Altough, you being new to the vehical it might be hard to know if it's working the way it should or not so if you want to know for sure you sould get the pump and injectors flow tested.
As far as a "New" injector pump you won't get one and you would be far better off getting the existing pump rebuilt. A rebuild can't really have a price put on it until they take the pump apart and see whats wrong. With a Diesel injector pump rebuild you could pay anywhere between $1000 and $2500.

AnswerID: 58442

G'day Cert,

AnswerID: 58443

Follow Up By: Alex Callaghan - Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 13:15

Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 13:15
WTF.......kept telling me no results matced my search when I tryed to submit.
FollowupID: 320150

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 18:36

Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 18:36
Thats a new feature..
FollowupID: 320180

Reply By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 14:08

Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 14:08
Hi cert have an hj61 gxl and rebuilt motor at 420,000.
Had injectors done at the time and it runs like a clock, I would have your clutch replaced and give it a major service changing all oils and filters and have the injectors rebuilt and set up, should be about $400 for injectors plus remove and replace. Use an injector cleaner for a few tanks and see if it runs better.
Would think this model in good nick would be worth $8-$11 k
AnswerID: 58453

Reply By: Cruiser88 - Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 21:46

Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 21:46
Hi Cert

have had my 61 for 3 years and love it. I agree with the above and know for fact that you should have more punch than a new straight diesel (no tourbo) 100 series having driven both out bush where it counts. Mine has nearly 400K and other than standard maintenance and a gearbox rebuild about 80K ago hasn't cost me bugger all. I bought mine in Gympie QLD and I paid absolute top dollar for it as an original one owner vehicle. I was able to speak with the owners the original dealer and their mechanic which for my mind was worth big dollars. I paid $19000 on the road with rego and 12 months insurance. Congratulations on buying a top notch car
AnswerID: 58519

Sponsored Links