Long Rang Tank

Submitted: Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 20:25
ThreadID: 12851 Views:1641 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am edging closer to getting the long range tank fitted to the Hilux. Question: Which brand? Long Range Automotive or Long Ranger? Want to run with a main stream brand that will be covered by Aus-wide warranty incase the proverbial hits the fan when I am away from home.

cheers,
Sam.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tim - Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 21:32

Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 21:32
Sam
This sounds extremely one sided but here's my experience;
My mate got a long ranger installed in Newcastle and to make room between the tank and the bolts/bushes on the rear suspension of his hilux they made a nice little indent with a few (read a lot) of bashing with a ball pein hammer-looked way dodgy considering how much they are worth and obviously the design was not adequate to fit properly.
I had a LRA tank on my jackaroo and when I thought I had a problem, LRA just asked to have some pics sent down (as they are in Melb) and they would look at it-ended up being the fitting was done incorrectly and it was fixed under used car warranty.
Tim
AnswerID: 58515

Reply By: Member - Royce- Friday, May 14, 2004 at 00:08

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 00:08
Just finished fitting my 150l aux tank! NO warranty! I paid $40 for it.... about $30 for other bits and pieces..... but now I'm running on Melbourne fuel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
AnswerID: 58543

Reply By: Member - MightyQ - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 00:46

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 00:46
G'day Sam, I've just written a reply to another thread by 'Goran' about the same thing and i can't recommend LRA highly enough. Quality rest ashored it's there.
AnswerID: 58550

Reply By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 17:33

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 17:33
I have a LRA in the patrol & it's never given a problem
AnswerID: 58627

Reply By: fatboy - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 20:59

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 20:59
Hey Sam , purchased my long range tank from TJM for my hilux , found them slightly cheaper and able to supply tank in a reasonable time frame , a mate andI fitted the tank in an hour with the concise instructions supplied this is well within the ability of the average home mechanic . The manager of our local TJM then put the mod plate on after checking the fitment of tank . As far as the comment on the clearance of the tank on the front of the rear spring mount my tank has a dome shaped relief pressed into the tank ( definitely not done witha ball pien hammer ) and clears everything fine .Tank has been in for close to 3 years and have not had any dramas.
Regards
Fatboy
AnswerID: 58651

Reply By: B3 - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 08:10

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 08:10
Yep, I also have a long ranger in my Hilux and fitted it myself. It came shaped to fit around the springs. It did require that the existing tank mounting point be knocked a bit to make room for the larger tank - but this was intentional and outlined in the instructions supplied. Apart from that the only problem I had was that it interfered with my handbrake cable, making it a bit tight when brake is applied. Overall I am happy with it.
AnswerID: 58693

Sponsored Links