TJM X9 Adjustable Shocks

Submitted: Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 21:15
ThreadID: 12853 Views:2006 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone out there got any news about the new TJM X9 adjustable shocks good or bad. I will be fitting them onto a 100series with rigid axles. Currently the vehicle is used for touring and spotlighting ( foxes ).

Have fun
Rossco
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 22:52

Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 22:52
Was lookin at them yesterday when I got my battery replaced... Look ok, but never buy the first model of anything! Wait till they iron bugs out of things... EG 3.0 GU.

For general 4wding I wouldnt bother with adjustable. Save the $ and put towards better accessories. I have Ranchos, and yes for what I do which isnt touring and spotlighting they rock, put them on soft is marshmallow, and on hard is F1.. but for touring you dont need that.
AnswerID: 58535

Follow Up By: Wil - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 20:02

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 20:02
Hi Truckster
Any pics of your truck & play time on the net?
Cheers
FollowupID: 320371

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 08:46

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 08:46
Rossco,
I have a set a of Cellx9 shocks on my 80 Series Cruiser. I have had them on for a few months now and have done a lot of hi-way driving and a week down the Vic High Country. Took some time to get the set up right, but I think I have it right now.7 at the front and 8 at the back.
For my vehicle I think that there is not enough adjustment to make them harder, I would like to have the settings changed. I will talk to TJM about this, but because they get there Cellx9 from Monroe in the USA I dont think there is much chance of a change.
When I got the shocks I also got the protectors for the rear shocks. They protect the bolt on the bottom of the shock, but I also welded a extra piece of steel on to the side to protect the adjustment screw.
I dont think they are as good as the Koni shocks that I hade taken off, but I will give them a go on the Simpson crossing that I am doing in July, but before that trip I will get the Konis rebuilt and take them as spares.
Wayne
AnswerID: 58561

Reply By: Croozer - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 23:51

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 23:51
G'Day Rossco,
I just had a set of X9's fitted to my IFS TD 100 last week. There was an initial problem with the lower bush on the front, something was too tight and was making some ugly groaning noises but they were removed, lubed and re-installed and are fine now. Some people have said that the X9's will not last on the IFS cruiser so we'll see how they go (you will obviously not have these issues with your live axle) Next week the vehicle is heading off on a 15000k trip so we'll see what they are like when it gets back (my folks are going, not me......bummer!!) As the rear shocks on the cruiser are in front of the axle make sure you fit the optional stone gaurds to protect the adjuster knob from stone damage. There seems to be a considerable difference between settings 1 & 9, 1 is like the standard factory shock and 9 is very stiff, I currently have them on 5 all round which seems good for around town.
Cheers,
Stuart
AnswerID: 58676

Reply By: Dave from Fraser Coast 4WD Club - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 07:09

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 07:09
two guys from the club have just recently put these all around on their LC 80s, and have both been impressed thus far.
AnswerID: 58691

Sponsored Links