New Prado Vibration problem

Submitted: Thursday, May 13, 2004 at 21:20
ThreadID: 12854 Views:7845 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys
I recently purchased a new 120 series GXL Prado. It has a vibration problem which you can feel coming up through the accelerator pedal between 80-90kms. The guys at Toyota reckon its some problem with the lock in clutch in the auto drive converter, but to date have not had a suitable fix from toyota. Does any one else have a similar problem with their Prado or is mine the only LEMON
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: landcrusa - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 08:50

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 08:50
Welcome to the Vibrating Prado Club. Some people don't notice but Toyota Customer Relations advise that all the auto V6's vibrate when the torque converter locks up at about 80 km/h. Toyota advised back in April 2003 that the problem was caused by a spool valve in the torque converter and they were working on a fix which may take some time. No fix to date. 5 speed auto box not far away; that may be their fix. You will probably just have to learn to live with it as a vehicle characteristic.
AnswerID: 58562

Reply By: Joe - Friday, May 14, 2004 at 14:29

Friday, May 14, 2004 at 14:29
Hi Mark,
Yes the problem applies to many, however I seem to be one of lucky ones as the vibration is barley detectable.
you will find lots on it at yahoo groups.
Lately I have been leaving my muddies on, that will fix the vibration, regardless of how bad it is...not funny though.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/120scool

REgards
Joe
AnswerID: 58599

Sponsored Links