Jackaroo engine recon

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 12, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1288 Views:1971 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
I have just had my Jackaroo TD 1990 engine rebuilt.
It seems to be fine but it is hard to start in the morning.goes fine after a few yards drive.
any suggestions I might put to the machanic???
keep it clean keep to my question

the machanic is a good bloke and has one of the best reputations in town
thanks
Brian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kim Scott - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2002 at 00:00
Brian
if it is a diesel Jackaroo I would have the glow plugs or glow plug timer checked, if they are not working it will be quite hard to start on cold mornings and when it does start lots of black smoke will come from the exhaust for a few seconds.

if it is a petrol efi where do you want to start-- fuel pressure, temp sensor, engine management ecu, etc.......

good luck

Kim
AnswerID: 4150

Reply By: Kim Scott - Wednesday, Jun 12, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jun 12, 2002 at 00:00
Brian,
I've just been looked at other questions in the forum and your answer might be in I am looking to buy a TD Jackaroo question dated the 10th I think a few people talk about hard starting etc

regards

Kim
AnswerID: 4151

Follow Up By: Brian - Thursday, Jun 13, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Jun 13, 2002 at 00:00
Thanks Kim.
It is the TD Jacjaroo and it blows a pile of white/grey smoke on start and only a litlle black smoke, which it always has done.
Thanks for the reply, I think the oil might be the problem???????????/
Brian
FollowupID: 1795

Reply By: MIchael - Saturday, Jun 15, 2002 at 00:00

Saturday, Jun 15, 2002 at 00:00
Brian, the diesel engine requires the right kind of oil, or it will be hard to start on cold mornings. You can ring Holden/Isuzu for more information, but I believe the recommendation is for a 10W-40 oil such as Castrol GTX Magnatec. You could also try contacting the Jackaroo Club. Try the Victorian club website at www.jackaroo4wdclub.org.au. At a Club meeting a year or so ago, we had a speaker from Isuzu who discussed this problem, told us about testing they did with various oils, and came up with the above recommendation.
AnswerID: 4194

Sponsored Links