Delica

Submitted: Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 08:37
ThreadID: 12891 Views:3026 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
What kind of 4x4ing can you do in a delica? It's based on Pajero running gear isn't it? I would assume it would be a bit restricted by the more top heavy nature of a van but otherwise?

cheers
Scott
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rosco - Bris. - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 08:51

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 08:51
Scott

Don't know about the current vehicles, but I recall reading a road test yonks ago about the L300 which had a most alarming trait of a balancing act on it's front wheels when descending steep tracks.

Now that would be SCARY!!
AnswerID: 58695

Follow Up By: Twba Scott - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 09:05

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 09:05
Yikes! That would make the heart go a bit faster
FollowupID: 320411

Reply By: Member - Allan Mac (VIC) - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 12:57

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 12:57
My son has a delica and has been with me in some serious driving situations and the "Delicious" behaved okay in fact didnt miss a beat.
AnswerID: 58707

Reply By: Ian Bee - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 14:04

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 14:04
I have a 2.8 Turbo Intercooled Space Gear. But to answer your question....... I wouldn't have a clue, I'm just not that adventureous (sp).

The only reason I have it is if both Tracy & I go away together, otherwise i simply use my little Honda.

Try this......

link text

Cheers

ian BEE
AnswerID: 58711

Reply By: gary - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 19:41

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 19:41
Hi

We have a 1992 L300 starwagon 4WD which we have had for the past 10 years and basically we have always managed to find a way through.

We have travelled extensively throughout WA over the past 10 years and spent 3 months in the NT and QLD. Some of the places we have experienced are Gary Highway, Gary Junction Road, Gunbarrel, Connie Sue, part of the Anne Beadell, Rudall River, Gibb River Road and surrounding area and many other small tracks and isolated spots we happen upon on our travels.

We did a few 4 WD courses when we first got it "to make sure it worked" and after the initial apprehension from the instructors we completed all the tracks and obstacles with ease and we now find it is often the approach to the situation which makes or breaks it as there are always alternatives.

We also travelled the whole length of the Canning Stock Route last Aug with no problems at all, a few second attempts at a couple of dunes but that was driver error by not giving the car enough acceleration initially. we still had people telling us we could never make the Canning, and that was while we were actually on it and after 43 wells, so you will always get sceptics.

Yes you may not be able to dribe up the side of a mountain but we have always managed to get where ever we decided to go because sometimes a short stop and a cup of tea puts a problem into a different perspective.

We also carry a snatch strap for all the bogged Patrols and Cruisers we find on the way ( before you all get going, its a joke!!!!)

Just get out there and get some expereinece and have fun in the bush

See you in the bush as you certainly won't miss the Starwagon

Jude
AnswerID: 58735

Sponsored Links