Brake lights on jackeroo

Submitted: Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 19:31
ThreadID: 12907 Views:1719 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I discovered to my annoyance that the brake lights on my still under warranty Jackeroo have an intermitent fault. Fuses & switch check out OK. Holden of course say they can't find the fault......anyone had this problem before?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Banjo - Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 21:27

Saturday, May 15, 2004 at 21:27
Not on my 99 SE TD, but having done a fair bit of amateur wiring on the bus now, if supply is seemingly good, the earthing side could be the one - might pay to fit new globes too - globes and earthing can do odd things I'm told. BOL.
AnswerID: 58747

Reply By: Savvas - Sunday, May 16, 2004 at 07:00

Sunday, May 16, 2004 at 07:00
G'day Rick,

What are the brake lights doing, or not doing?
AnswerID: 58764

Reply By: Rick Blaine - Sunday, May 16, 2004 at 08:29

Sunday, May 16, 2004 at 08:29
The lights dont work.. only intermittlently. Have checked earth,, tried new globes and new fuses.. new switch will be next, even though it tests ok, but im still annoyed with Holden who tell me that they cant find problem either could be a broken wire.. so I suggested that they replace it.. they say they would have to replace the loom.. I say so if someone runs into me.. they say thats beyond their control.. I said ok if i get fined because of this fault I'll send you the bill,, they say we dont have to pay and I would be at fault for driving a vehicle that i know to be faulty..
AnswerID: 58767

Reply By: Savvas - Sunday, May 16, 2004 at 08:49

Sunday, May 16, 2004 at 08:49
That's ludicrous. They are legally obliged to fix it, it's a new car warranty (right?)

This worked for me when I had the problems with my trannie inhibitor switch. Firstly, make sure everything is in writing. Go to here, and lodge a formal complaint with Holden. Someone will call you back with a case number surprisingly quickly and they will also contact the dealership service manager to find out what the hell is going on and why they won't fix it. This bit alone put the wind up my dealer.

Secondly put in writing to your dealer principal 1.- the problem you are having, 2 - repeat what you have been told by the service department, 3 - tell them that this has now been raised with Holden directly, 4 - the vehicle is technically unroadworthy and that they are liable through professional negligence.

In all this, keep a firm tone without being abusive.

As for the brake lights, I bet you it's as simple as a loose plug in one of the looms and any good auto elec will find it in under an hour.

Let me know your email and I'll send you a copy of a letter I wrote to my dealer recently.

AnswerID: 58770

Reply By: Rick Blaine - Sunday, May 16, 2004 at 17:11

Sunday, May 16, 2004 at 17:11
All sorted now.. NRMA man found it.. broken wire near the take off for the brake controller, dealer installed!!!!!
AnswerID: 58810

Sponsored Links