White Troopy in Hoddle Street ..Richmond

Submitted: Monday, May 17, 2004 at 18:32
ThreadID: 12945 Views:2257 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
This afternoon I was on my way to an appointment with my eye surgeon and we were stopped at the intersection of Victoria Pde and Hoddle street when I spyed a white troopy in front of us...[a small car was between us and them] I said to Al that it looked well kitted out..then the small car darted into the right lane..and we could see that the troopy had 2 spares, hilift, canvas bag hanging over one of the spares, roof rack, with 2 blue lpg bottles up top....and....and EO sticker on the rear bar....which caused great excitment in the Pewter LC100TD behind it......the Troopy had WA plates.....so we're wondering if anyone knows of any WA visitors who may have been travelling through Melbourne today....and...if you were driving the white Troopy..it was Al and I gesticulating like mad people behind you...which caused some concern to the woman in the Echo beside us....ahhahahahahaha...

cheers

Lyn

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Rick Blaine - Monday, May 17, 2004 at 19:06

Monday, May 17, 2004 at 19:06
Hey sounds like fun.. as long as no tramcars were held up, delayed or obstructed. I believe that under the tramways act of victoria, 1921, as amended that it is still punishable by incarceration for offences that cause even the slightest transgression of these rules. I recall in 1971 that someone got 8 years for diverting a 69 tram by tampering with the points near carlisle st in St Kilda.... serious stuf that... Oh by the way how do you tell if its Xmas in Melbourne... (No racist slurr intended) ... the tram drivers have tinsel thru their Turbans....
AnswerID: 58945

Follow Up By: Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Monday, May 17, 2004 at 19:10

Monday, May 17, 2004 at 19:10
Rick no trams were affected at all....ahhahahahha....

and....I've never noticed that about tram drivers...I'll have to take more notice...ahhahahaha
FollowupID: 320617

Reply By: Member Eric - Monday, May 17, 2004 at 19:42

Monday, May 17, 2004 at 19:42
Nothing to do with the troopy , just long time between gday's . So how are the A's these days
AnswerID: 58957

Follow Up By: Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Monday, May 17, 2004 at 19:49

Monday, May 17, 2004 at 19:49
we are all very well here Eric..what about your lot?
FollowupID: 320624

Follow Up By: Member Eric - Monday, May 17, 2004 at 19:54

Monday, May 17, 2004 at 19:54
All well here , no news , work work work ,
FollowupID: 320626

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 02:38

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 02:38
it was I Richard & Robyn Kovac of Cloverdale in WA
Being born and bred in BROADFORD and have lived in WA for 16 yrs (you never become a west Ozie) I do remember that the fastest way to Melboune is to shoot up Hoddle street (sorry) we were just trying to get of the e tag roads.
We had to make the trip to Melb. because the brand new HF Barrett radio lost it's antenna at Innamincka i'm still seaking warranty!
A lot has changed since i did my time in western subs in 1978.
I made sore that the free sticker was put on as i had read in a lot of post that not may have ben seen.
I'm sorry we did not notice you behide us but if you ever get to WA please send a message
Regards
Richard & Robyn Kovac
ps. Mad Dog put me on to this post
AnswerID: 61787

Follow Up By: Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 08:34

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 08:34
Hi Richard,

Hoddle street gets pretty damn busy at that time so that's ok..we tried pulling along side...and I did suggest to Al to toot...but the decided not to ??!! hahahahaha....

cheers

Lyn
FollowupID: 323248

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 08:49

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 08:49
Hi Richard, if you are coming over again, you should post too, theres heaps of people who can make your day/s a joy on here, even just dropping by for a cuppa and a chat is great. Good to see the story unavel here, and I am not sure if I would have tooted either, but I am thinking of placing an EO sticker inside that car for a tooting/showing sticker experience.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 323250

Sponsored Links