Hyundai Terracan Snorkel

Submitted: Monday, May 17, 2004 at 21:15
ThreadID: 12955 Views:5715 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I'm taking a trip up the Cape in July and need to fit a snorkel to the car due to the extended wet season they have been having. I have come across a problem in that I can't seem to find anybody in Brisbane that supplies snorkels for this model.
Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wayne (NSW) - Monday, May 17, 2004 at 21:37

Monday, May 17, 2004 at 21:37
It is a matter of supply and demand. Not enough call for a snorkel for the Terracan.
If you think that you will need one, try a muffler/ exhaust shop and they should be able to bend one up.

Wayne
AnswerID: 58994

Reply By: Davoe - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 14:03

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 14:03
terracans are petrols with full electrics right? I think if you are attempting water crossings at such a hight you need a snorkal then you would be risking alot as this would be well above the manafactures recomendad wading depth which I would imagine is around 500mm or less a petrol will often stop (without proper precautions) well before it reaches ingestion depth i have seen a petrol cruiser stopped in 700mm water also other things to consider (if you havent already) is the diffs and gearboxes do they even have breather hoses. I might be off the mark with this post and you might own a modified hyundai and just after a snorkal to top it off but on the other hand if you havent owned a fourby before and believe the adds that all you need to drive underwater is a snorkal you may find your photo on the last page of a 4by mag
AnswerID: 59074

Reply By: don - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 22:09

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 22:09
G.day ballbelter,
I have a Santa Fe and extensive research tells me that If it aint a toyota/nissan or??? no one is really interested, HOWEVER about to get me a stainless steel custom bend made up, as you know it aint the depth its the driver but having an airintake 6 inches off the gravel does make it difficult.
Don the duck.
AnswerID: 59181

Sponsored Links