BT50/Ford ranger Long Range Tank

Submitted: Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 13:40
ThreadID: 129613 Views:2451 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
What is best LRT Brand and Litres to suit BT50/Ranger. Have spoken to some owners who believe with all weight on one side the vehicle is not level. Has anyone else experienced this ? What is the best brand to use that may distribute the weight more evenly over vehicle for say 120L to 140Ll ?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DW Lennox Head(NSW) - Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 15:08

Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 15:08
Tuck

I have a 125 litre Long Ranger tank on my BT50 and it makes no difference to the way the vehicle sits.

The same tank was previously on a Mazda Bravo 2.5l diesel and also no problem.

Duncan
AnswerID: 588177

Reply By: Les - PK Ranger - Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 16:55

Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 16:55
Assume you are talking about the PX BT equivalent, as you mentioned 140lt.

Mate has the 140 in his PX, no noticeable difference in rear when full.
If you are setting up the rear, you can always offset a bit of weight on the other side to balance, also when loading up for trips I do this with the PK Ranger (126lt LRT on RH side, no difference noticeable when filled).

Just check the clearances on all of the options, if this is important to you.
The tanks are tough, but the larger ones for the PX do come down lower, then standard, and they have no protection bash plate, think it was 20mm or 30mm lower.
AnswerID: 588181

Reply By: Slow one - Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 19:23

Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 19:23
The latest Ranger/Bt50 does have all the weight on the passenger side. All the tanks replace the ome one sit in the same spot in front of the rear axle.

My passenger side does sit about 15mm lower than the drivers side (aftermarket 300 kg springs) but I think it is the passenger rear spring rather than my 132l long range tank. I can load the right hand side but the left is still lower.

A plastic long range one available that would be lighter than a steel one.

The only other way is installing a tank behind the rear axle by removing the spare wheel or placing a tank in the tub.

If the vehicle has a tray, you can call any tune you want by having a custom tank made to go under the tray.

AnswerID: 588185

Reply By: Member - Fairly - Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 21:35

Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 21:35
I have the Brown Davis 145 l tank. Also on the passenger side in the ute I have a large storage drawer and fridge which did cause the ute to be a bit lower on the passenger side when the tank was full.
A heavier set of Dobinsons springs were fitted. The ute now sits very well with or without the van on.
When investigating spring options I did come across companies that can adjust the rear passenger side leaf spring to compensate for the extra weight on that side of the ute.
AnswerID: 588190

Sponsored Links