Murchison House Station, Your thoughts?

Submitted: Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 15:52
ThreadID: 129615 Views:1965 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hey all,

Taking 5 days and heading from Stirling area up to Murchison House Station to explore around.

Has anyone been there before?

If so what all would you recommend seeing? We would like to get to the absolute best breathtaking campsites there is possible so if you could advise of any you have been to that would be awesome.

Any information would be brilliants.

Thanks
Jon
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 16:15

Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 16:15
Did you look at their website? Murchison House Station Most things depend on what type of vehicle you have.

It is only about 12 km from Kalbarri so the tourist spots there would apply.
AnswerID: 588179

Follow Up By: mants - Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 16:19

Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 16:19
Hey Rod,

Yes had a look at the site, guess im looking at more off the beaten track sort of campgrounds etc

I've done the tourist things in Kalbarri itself, natures window and the walks etc so this trip is purely about the station and exploring around it, including some fishing along the beaches.
FollowupID: 856250

Reply By: Member - Duncan W (WA) - Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 19:52

Friday, Jul 31, 2015 at 19:52
Jon I camped there for a couple of days a few years back. We camped along the river bank in an area that was nice and clear amongst the trees and it was great. Also the property owner allowed us to have a fire. Bonus was the amount of fish I caught in the river. The tracks take you along the coast and down to the beach.

You'de need to check whether camping along the river is still permissible though as I'd heard a rumour that the local authority was getting a bit antsy about camping so close to the river?

Cheers

Duncan
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 588187

Follow Up By: mants - Thursday, Aug 06, 2015 at 19:03

Thursday, Aug 06, 2015 at 19:03
Hey Duncan,

Yes looking to get out to the coast for maybe 1st and 2nd night do some fishing.

Ive read the same thing about the river, want people to camp 200m back from it. Strange as ive never heard of anything like this happening before.
FollowupID: 856763

Sponsored Links