Comment: A Yarn around the Camp Fire – In the Australian Outback

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 01, 2015 at 16:18
ThreadID: 129623 Views:1888 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
What a journey, Baz! And it hasn't cost me a brass razoo, for fuel, at this stage.
Am enjoying the trip, and thank you for asking me/us to join you. Didn't know we shared so many similar things..........music (I am but a rank amateur, with a mere 2,300 toons on my device), "Auntie", driving "one-up", swags, Landcruisers, Ayers Rock, TVans, arguing with oneself(and often losing!), err.....ahh........and Pubs.
Not sure about the windmill thingy? Worked on too many to "like" them, but they are a most iconic structure, within the landscape.
May i have a little whinge, Baz? Spinifex, to me, is just that. Not sure if it is a grass, as in "spinifex grass"? Hope you don't turf me out at The Rock now, :-)
Safe travels,
Bob
Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, Aug 02, 2015 at 10:02

Sunday, Aug 02, 2015 at 10:02
Well Baz, I had a slice of humble pie with breakfast this morning!

Had a look at Wikipedia earlier today, and spinifex IS a type of grass, so I stand corrected. Apparently spinifex is a coastal grass, that frequents sand dunes, while the spinifex of Central Australia is a different species, Triodia.

Learnt something every day,

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 588220

Follow Up By: The Landy - Monday, Aug 03, 2015 at 17:39

Monday, Aug 03, 2015 at 17:39
Hey Bob,

Just catching up...! Having far too much fun to have my head in here.

I was thinking it might be a bit like Koala "Bears"... Somehow the grass bit just got added. But there we go!

Cheers
Baz
FollowupID: 856605

Sponsored Links