buying online Ebay

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 04, 2015 at 23:02
ThreadID: 129863 Views:2290 Replies:9 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Im not going to go into it as it would bore you , but to cut it short , i clicked onto some seat covers from a 4x4 0nline Ebay retailer and i absolutely checked that i was buying the right thing before i clicked buy now. The seat covers that turned up were wrong, when i approached the retailer i was accused of being the idiot that ordered the wrong thing. I asked Ebay to help me out , which they didn't. If you were considering buying from 4x4 direct in Cheltenham , maybe consider a bit more. Up yours Ebay!!!!!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 06:33

Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 06:33
IF you ordered the right thing AND you tried to work it out with the seller, and then escalate to ebay, ebay WILL give you a refund if it wasn't as described.

However if you ordered the wrong thing then you are probably on your own and at the mercy of the seller.

Just like in a shop.

AnswerID: 588865

Reply By: Phil 23 - Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 07:09

Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 07:09
Just open a dispute.

I've had about 3 resolved, always in my favour & ebay doesn't seem to accept that it
s the buyers responsibility to return incorrectly supplied items at the buyers expense.
AnswerID: 588866

Reply By: Simon C7 - Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 09:03

Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 09:03
You would have received an email confirmation from Ebay with the order listed, Item ID, Transaction ID. That should clear up any confusion as to what was actually ordered and what you received. Have you got that to show the supplier and Ebay?
AnswerID: 588868

Follow Up By: Member - Munji - Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 09:13

Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 09:13
Another good reason to buy and support local. At least you know who your dealing with.
FollowupID: 856671

Reply By: TomH - Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 11:46

Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 11:46
How did you pay for the item Credit card ,Paypal, direct Debit or what. Can make a difference as to how to get a refund.

As said you can check your order in " My Ebay" purchases. Its all there exactly what you bought so you can see who made the mistake.
AnswerID: 588875

Reply By: Hoyks - Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 18:21

Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 18:21
Some ads have a generic item advertised, but it is up to the buyer to select from a few available options and specify the exact item you want from the advert.

I have never had a problem with eBay, things are generally cheap for a reason though.
With that in mind if it is a bigger ticket item I will buy locally as you can always take it back.

If you do have an issue, then sellers in general will try and work it through with you, if you try and work with them.
If you stuffed up, then take it on the chin, admit it and accept that you may have to pay some more for postage to sort it out. Going off and making accusations generally gets peoples backs up and more often than not is counterproductive.
AnswerID: 588891

Follow Up By: cliff p - Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 18:45

Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 18:45
Where in my note did i say that i went off and made accusations? An Ebay customer service person told me that the seller withdrew the item and re-entered it with a different item number which made it look like i did it wrong. I still have the right seat covers in my Ebay WATCH LIST which is what i clicked on. I didn't want a refund, just the right seat covers. Ebay said i couldn't have a refund, but i didn't ask for that, they said they would get back to me to return the covers for the right ones but they haven't. It doesn't matter whose fault it is , but if your a retailer you should go out of your way to make the customer happy, regardless. As its turned out i sold the covers to a mate and i haven't lost a thing but the retailer won't be getting any custom from any of my work mates, family or friends. END OF STORY
FollowupID: 856701

Reply By: Bigfish - Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 18:49

Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 18:49
http://www.coverupcaraccessories.com/shop/sheepskin.html

Try the above link. It may help you.

cheers
AnswerID: 588894

Reply By: GREG T11 - Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 20:26

Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 20:26
Ebay is becoming just like the trading post . Unrealistic expectations by a lot of sellers as to true worth . As far as online stores go well mistakes can happen but as you say it is in the sellers best interest to come to a amicable agreement . I always find it prudent to contact the seller direct to discuss specs and clarify what I intend to use it for/on . It costs a phone call but if you end up with the wrong thing at least you have a name when the blame game starts .
I shake my head when a business that deals on the net risks a bad reputation from those that so obviously frequent it .If you choose to use this medium to market your goods you have to have clear and concise communication and be willing to wear some extra costs in postage etc. After all one doesn't have to stand there physically spending an hour or more pointing out the pros and cons of what the consumer wants and end up having them go to bunnings cause " its cheaper there " !
AnswerID: 588896

Follow Up By: AlbyNSW - Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 22:47

Wednesday, Aug 05, 2015 at 22:47
Most people buy online to save money but then expect awesome service like they get in retail bricks and mortar stores but have not paid for it in the first place
You buy cheap you have to expect some shortcomings and accept that It comes with the territory
I have used eBay quite a bit and are generally happy with the outcome
FollowupID: 856723

Reply By: Member - Judy and Laurie - Thursday, Aug 06, 2015 at 06:22

Thursday, Aug 06, 2015 at 06:22
Hi, we recently purchased a set of sheepskin seat covers from 4x4 direct, after having a lot of trouble with stores in nsw not being able to supply seat covers that fit the land cruiser , I rang 4x4 direct and they assured me that the fit would be good and if not I could return them , when I received the covers (fast postage) I was extremely pleased , the fit was perfect . I am really happy with the covers and service.
Cheers Judy and Laurie
AnswerID: 588906

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Thursday, Aug 06, 2015 at 07:04

Thursday, Aug 06, 2015 at 07:04
What EXACTLY did you order, and what EXACTLY did you get?

If you still have both links as you say, posting them may help someone to help you.

AnswerID: 588908

Follow Up By: Member - Judy and Laurie - Thursday, Aug 06, 2015 at 08:47

Thursday, Aug 06, 2015 at 08:47
Hi , yes I ordered lambs wool seat covers for a 100 series land cruiser , they have separate headrests which I tried several other different brands and the headrest was too small and the back would not go over the seat .
These fit exact and have pockets for bits and pieces, as I said I actually rang and spoke to the guy . I got the phone number on the eBay listing.
Cheers Judy and Laurie
FollowupID: 856735

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)