Review: Anne Beadell Highway

My Place Rating: My Rating 5/5

Just in off the Anne Beadell, crossed West to East towing a camper (Asian import with upgraded suspension). Went into the plane crash site and Voakes Hill with the camper, 2nd gear high range going into both sites, tyre pressures were 15 on the front and trailer, 23 on the drive. as per previous reports the road is in excellent condition West of the border, East of the border it progressively gets worse, from Emu to Talawania well is the worst section, we were down to 25/30kph. For a comparison the corrigations in this section are on par with those on the Gunbarrell, drop the pressure and the speed and it isn't an issue. This is an amazing drive the country seems to be for ever changing, the track east of the border makes it all worth while. The most disappointing thing for me is the damage that is being done to the country by irresponsible people, trees uprooted for fire wood, needless driving through the bush at camps but worst of all is the rubbish that's being left behind, beer bottles and hand wipes are the worst, its no wonder we are getting locked out of tracks like this. My advice is do it now before the gates are locked because of the idiot factor.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links