track/road conditions NT WA

Submitted: Friday, Aug 07, 2015 at 19:16
ThreadID: 129908 Views:1966 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
did a run to/from Alice Springs (home is near Perth) last few weeks and this is what I found the track/road conditions to be like:- Great Central Road really good: Docker River to Yulara normal corrugated rubbish: Boggy Hole Track good: Binns Track through Ambalindum and up to the Plenty Hwy good: Gary Junction Rd Haasts to Sandy Blight Junction Rd good: Sandy Blight Junction Rd varies between good and corrugated/rocky/sandy (trip to the top of the Sir Frederick Range was good): Cue to Bullfinch via Lake Barlee and Diemals was wet and muddy in patches: all up was a good way to spend 6 weeks.
PS thanks Kevin for the Ross River Gathering - was very enjoyable.
Slow down and relax......

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Saturday, Aug 08, 2015 at 06:16

Saturday, Aug 08, 2015 at 06:16
Thank you Maverick, can you elaborate about the Docker River to Ulara section. Can you recall the approximate travel time and what sort of speed could i expect if I'm not rushing.
AnswerID: 588992

Follow Up By: Mark O4 - Saturday, Aug 08, 2015 at 09:18

Saturday, Aug 08, 2015 at 09:18
Boobook
We came back from Yulara in the last week of July. Left at 8.30 and reached Warburton by 4.30 but of course gained 1.5 hrs with time difference. The NT side of the GCR is sandy corrugations but you can still do 70-80 kph but get shaken somewhat but that is what it is. We saw two vans doing 40-50 kph which I don't believe is a "sweet" spot.
We had a troopy pulling a camper trailer and were pressed for time but after slowing down to stop and then re starting you knew what the preferred speed was.

Cheers

Mark
FollowupID: 856813

Reply By: MAVERICK(WA) - Saturday, Aug 08, 2015 at 15:43

Saturday, Aug 08, 2015 at 15:43
it was 1st week of July....left Warakurna around 9am and were in Yulara by 2pm....not in a hurry. let your tyres down and 70-80 is ok. Did some driving on the rhs and also up on the shoulders. The road was a lot worse in 2014.
Slow down and relax......

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 589005

Sponsored Links