gu dash question

Submitted: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 21:25
ThreadID: 12994 Views:1372 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
just looking at photos of the dash on the gu, i think it must be the st model

is the cd player (the really oversized one) a double-DIN size?

more specifically, if i have a pioneer mp3 cd player (DIN size) and a tx4400, could they both fit in there one on top of the other? i think that would look the neatest.

am i crazy? is it possible? has anyone ever tried it or looked into it before?

cheerio, tim c
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: tdcockers - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 21:40

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 21:40
dont worry, google found me a thread in the archives that answered the question

if anyone is interested, it is here

it is a testament to the success of the forum i think that any time i put in a search query about the big 4wds into google, there is almost a reference to this site or the archives in the first few listings. congrats guys!
AnswerID: 59169

Reply By: chrisfrd - Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 22:33

Tuesday, May 18, 2004 at 22:33
YES!

Double-DIN.

I have the same setup except for a Kenwood and not a pioneer.

You will need to extend the bracket with some sheet steel and rivets and get an ISO to Nissan Patrol/Pulsar wiring adapter.
AnswerID: 59187

Reply By: Leroy - Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 10:20

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 10:20
Tim,

I did this recently and it's a piece of cake. No holes to drill. The std holes in the nissan bracket line up with a single din radio and also the UHF. You just need to work out the wiring. If you need a hand with this just yell. Also someone mentioned that there is a join behind the lhs kick panel (which I found to be correct) so all you need is a 1.5m car antenna extension from this point to plug into your new radio as the nissan connection has 2 pins. You may be able to find an adapter at a car radio place as I did see some for nissan but didn't look around too hard.

Leroy
AnswerID: 59222

Sponsored Links