SOUTHERN CROSS TO MOUNT MAGNET

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 13, 2015 at 15:15
ThreadID: 129978 Views:1935 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Good morning Travellers,
A few of us are trying to plan a caravan trip from Southern Cross to Mount magnet and none of have been out there before, from what we have been able to learn so far is we have to be pretty self reliant for everything including fuel. what I am wondering is and none of our party know, can you tow caravans out through there, we are the only ones that don't have a dirt road type van as yet but we are working on it, so if some one has been through that country recently could you give us some information please. this is going to be a smell the wild flowers trip, and hopefully some great Photo's
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Tony I - Thursday, Aug 13, 2015 at 20:53

Thursday, Aug 13, 2015 at 20:53
Gday Broodie,
You should be ok, the roads are pretty good. If the they arent closed due to rain you'll get through if you just go easy. I've driven all sorts of vehicles through there over the years.
If the flowers are out you'll be pleasantly surprised, the best I've ever seen in over 30 years travelling and working through the state is near John Well south of Youanmi on the Lake Barlee road- Pincher Hill to the west of there is really good too.
Enjoy and travel safe.
Ps have a look at the Youanmi cemetary if you have time, alot of history there.

Cheers Tony
AnswerID: 589204

Follow Up By: Member - Broodie H3 - Friday, Aug 14, 2015 at 12:16

Friday, Aug 14, 2015 at 12:16
Hi Tony,
thank you for the information Tony, we may not be going now as we have to sell over van over the next few weeks, but the others are still going so I'll pass on the information.
Thank you.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 857054

Sponsored Links