Ford Ranger

Submitted: Sunday, Aug 23, 2015 at 11:45
ThreadID: 130073 Views:2452 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I'm contemplating buying a 2012 Ford Ranger 3.2 auto twin cab with 85,000kms. I'd appreciate any comments on their positives and if any negatives. It will be doing mainly outback touring plus city driving when home. Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Les - PK Ranger - Sunday, Aug 23, 2015 at 13:45

Sunday, Aug 23, 2015 at 13:45
That sounds like one of the first PX Rangers, I have a 2011 last model of the PK.
If it's from a dealer and hopefully has a decent warranty, this could help many people in being a little more certain.

Otherwise, maybe consider an auto club inspection, check for a good service history, and generally if it looks like it has been cared for.
Look for extras you might like for off road to save many $$$, canopy, second battery, barwork, a suspension upgrade / lift, etc.
Also, are tyres in good nick, will they give you a god run before they need replacing.

Mate has a PX and they are a very capable vehicle on an off road.
They have heaps of mods available to do to improve things in general, but same fellow has had issues with aftermarket accessories (rear leaf breakage, and CV shaft broken, has now done diff drop to bring them to a good flat position), rather than OEM problems.
AnswerID: 589559

Reply By: Member - Outback Gazz - Sunday, Aug 23, 2015 at 17:27

Sunday, Aug 23, 2015 at 17:27
Howdy

You can find all the info you want on NEWRANGER.NETforum

I have a 2012 model 3.2 auto with 100,000 k's on it and absolutely love it ! Only had 2 very very minor issues with it - both within 12 months of purchase that were both fixed under warranty and very quickly.

As Les said - they are a very capable vehicle both on and off road in standard form !

Happy and safe travelling

Gazz
AnswerID: 589568

Sponsored Links