Bathurst Bay, Cape Melville or ninian Bay?

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 25, 2015 at 22:42
ThreadID: 130094 Views:2431 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys,

New around here and and am planning my first trip north of Cooktown. Pretty sad considering I live near Mackay I know. Looking at this time next year and two to three weeks to kill total including travel. My wife and I will be travelling with another couple and I will be towing a boat on a heavy duty independent suspension trailer so that shouldn't be an issue both vehicles have winches and I have a rear locker and maybe a front locker by than.

Basically looking for the best place to pull up stumps for an extended hitch and want a good camp spot without people everywhere and the best fishing I can find. So basically paradise I guess. Will be pretty much self sufficient except for water which we will need a creek or spring to pump out of every 5days or so. I will be able to pull the boat out as I need it but if I can would be great to be able to leave it onshore. Last but not least some wind protection would be great.

I know I'm asking alot but hey if half of that comes together I'll be happy.

Thanks in advance guys
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rosco from way back - Tuesday, Aug 25, 2015 at 23:05

Tuesday, Aug 25, 2015 at 23:05
G'day Tosh

Haven't been in to Bathurst Bay, but have been to Cape Melville 3 times and it certainly ticks all your boxes. Consider doing the Starke from Cooktown/Hopevale.
It's a good run and links up with both.
Good fresh water at Melville, generally few people spread out along a few Km and no probs launching your boat (wind permitting).
AnswerID: 589656

Sponsored Links