White Cliffs to Clifton Downs track info

Submitted: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 20:20
ThreadID: 13012 Views:1988 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi .
Would anyone have any info on the track from White Cliffs thru the Yancannia Ranges via Questa Park, Bootra, Salisbury Downs to Wannering rd then Cifton downs,Mt.Wood Tiboobuura and also if anyone has done the Bore Track recently.
Thanks.
Jim.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 21:30

Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 21:30
It has been very dry in the outback and roads are not good.

Haven't done the Clifton Downs run but came to White Cliffs via Milparinka a couple of weeks ago and the road was pretty ordinary with lots of corrugations, dips, washouts and bulldust patches.

Bore Track is an easy drive and could be done in a 2wd with high clearance. No worries about access just pay your $10 at Bollards Lagoon Station...their phone number is 08 80913873. They give you a mud map of their property. Halfway between Bollards Lagoon boundary and the Innamincka access road there are some road signs missing...taken by vandals or idiots. You will have to use your common sense finding the right track as there are mining tracks running in all directions. If it rains then the Bore Track is out of bounds as you will get bogged in the soft flakey soil.

Cheers

AnswerID: 59336

Follow Up By: jimdavo - Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 19:23

Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 19:23
Thanks Willem.
I havnt been on the Bore Track for about 2 1/2 years and it was pretty sandy then ,took us about 5 hours by motorcycle.Same with the White Cliffs road , as its getting cut up I thought I may try that alternate route to Tibooburra.
Thanks again.
Jim.
FollowupID: 321108

Sponsored Links