Comment: Moreton Telegraph Station

My wife, myself and two children recently did a 4WD trip to Cape York. We travelled extensively throughout the Cape. We camped in Moreton Telegraph Station, Punsand Bay, Seisai, Lockhart River, Kowanyama Twin Falls and Captain Billy's Landing. I have to say MORETON TELEGRAPH STATION was by far the best camping ground we stayed in. Soft green grass, (what a joy) and beautiful shady mango trees. We saw a Palm Cockatoo, Red winged parrots and the night birds like the Bush Stone Curlew and Orange-footed scrub fowl gave for some interesting night sounds.
At $10 per adult per night, $5 for the kids, we stayed both ways, staying an extra two nights on the way back to catch up on laundry and some recovery time.
The staff were extremely friendly, well informed and much more helpful than we had experienced in other camping grounds throughout the Cape.
We were shown a nature walk, a Barra hole where my wife managed to catch a decent size Barra, much to the delight of the kids.
The staff in the shop were able to advise and book our NP camping grounds in Twin Falls and even suggested which campsites were the best to choose, being close to the falls and amenities.
The facilities at Moreton TS were clean and well maintained. Firewood was available at the well serviced shop, so our evenings under the stars is what camping is all about. Our kids simply didn't want to leave.
I would recommend anyone travelling to the Cape to put Moreton TS as a must stay camping ground.
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Sponsored Links