Hema7 & Exploroz Treks

Gday, chasing a bit of info on how to upload a Trek from Exploroz onto a HN7 so i can follow the Treks using the Hema.

Cheers.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - gonefish - Thursday, Sep 03, 2015 at 23:30

Thursday, Sep 03, 2015 at 23:30
Hi Stuart & Kerry,
We signed up as new members today, and we're going to learn to do the same thing. From my understanding you can have the Hema plugged in and open or SD card, and then you can use the upload key which is on the screen. Haven't tried yet.
Cheers
Bruce & Mary

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 589959

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Friday, Sep 04, 2015 at 12:46

Friday, Sep 04, 2015 at 12:46
Hi Stuart and Kerry,

Once you have downloaded the Trek from the Trek Note page in Hema Navigator format, you should have a new zip folder on your computer (will be named with a capital T followed by the trek number) - right click on the folder and select "Extract All", and a unzipped folder of the same name will appear.

Transfer all files from this unzipped folder to the "Data" folder on the HN7's SD Card (using File Explorer). This can be done by connecting the HN7 to your computer via USB cord, or by removing the Micro SD from the device, inserting it into the SD Adaptor supplied with the HN7, and then inserting this into your computer.

For more information, please see the following help file on the Hema Maps website, this refers to transferring a waypoint file, but also applies to transferring a Trek file (which consists of two files which work together to form a track, namely a waypoint and plot file):

How to load a waypoint file

Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 589976

Reply By: Member - Stuart & Kerry - Saturday, Sep 05, 2015 at 01:02

Saturday, Sep 05, 2015 at 01:02
Thanks for your replies, that information helped alot. The only thing is now when i transfer the ExplorOz trek for example i transferred the Holland track Trek, and it only shows up half of the route compared to what the map gives you in the Holland track details on ExplorOz, any reason as to why i would only get half a trek file? also all the waypoints show up so thats good.

Cheers.
AnswerID: 589992

Sponsored Links