burralow road ok for 2wd?

Submitted: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 at 23:58
ThreadID: 13019 Views:5206 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone - heading to Burralow swamp (near Kurrajong nsw)
anyone know if that road is ok for 2WD (campervan)?
is it an ok campsite?

Can't wait to hear from you
zj :-)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 16:40

Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 16:40
I found a Burralow creek on my maps but not a swamp & all the roads to the creek look sealed, as to camping sorry can't help.
AnswerID: 59430

Reply By: Of Mice & Men - Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 20:19

Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 20:19
G' day ZJ,
I live in the hawkesbury area, and I was down at the swamp a couple of weekends ago. We went down to the camp ground via Burralow rd, no worries for two wheelers with trailers. It is not sealed but it is a nice dirt road. The campsite is basic but good, pit toilets, but plenty of room. Don't forget to check out the glow worm cave after dark. Any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Regards OM&M.

P.S, the term swamp is fairly misleading at the moment, it's been fairly dry in these parts (like everywhere else), it is a creek at the moment.
AnswerID: 59472

Follow Up By: ZEDjay - Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 21:49

Tuesday, May 25, 2004 at 21:49
Hi OM&M
I've been offline for a few days -- hence the belated thanks for your answer.
we are planning to go this weekend - depending on what the weather does to the road.
Really appreciate your reply.
I'd be really happy to hear about any other great spots up that way that you know of for 2wd.

Zj :-)
FollowupID: 321734

Reply By: Of Mice & Men - Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 06:57

Wednesday, May 26, 2004 at 06:57
ZEDjay,

We often go down & camp anywhere along the hawkesbury river, although you have to stay in caravan parks, it is still quite nice. Dargil caravan park is one that comes to mind, nice grass camp sites & still fairly cheap. Another good spot we often stay at is in Wollemi National Park. It is called Wheeney Creek. It is at the end of Comleroy rd, again nice camp site with basic toilet facilities.

Hope this helps, OM&M
AnswerID: 60192

Follow Up By: ZEDjay - Monday, May 31, 2004 at 22:44

Monday, May 31, 2004 at 22:44
Hi OM&M,
Wanted to thank you for your tip about Wheeney Creek - we went on the weekend -- what a beaut spot and we had it virtually to ourselves. It was perfect for a last minute overnight getaway -- and it's recharged our batteries for the week ahead.

Cheers
ZedJay

FollowupID: 322683

Sponsored Links