Alternative Fuels For L300 4WD

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 15, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1302 Views:1851 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
hi there i own a mitsubishi l300 4wd 1992 model , i am considering on doing some tours soon , just making some enquiries on some differant fuel sources other l300 owners may use on their trips ? i am considering on converting to gas for cost purposed who would be the best place to goto in nsw ? also is ethanol a clean and good alternative fuel for environmental reasons? i am also considering either reconditioning my engine with a turbo or buy a new engine with a turbo would this improve my performance or would it be a waste of time ? any answers to my questions would be greatfull cheers.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: nev - Wednesday, Jun 26, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jun 26, 2002 at 00:00
HI GET RID OF IT had one if you want to keep it drop the sump and strengthen oil pick up as they weight of the filter will crack the oil pump housing so when you going up hills it sucks air not oil eventualy motor will seize i went throu 2 motor before i found out the, 3rd time i was close enough to get towed home the other reason is if you look at the motor the 1.8 is actualy around 1.5 my best advice if you want good milege get a 2.6 tray get a conopy have half for your bed and you other gear on the other half works out real good no setting or pulling down tents and if you go for gas get a extension to fill you gas bottles up
AnswerID: 4445

Reply By: nev - Wednesday, Jun 26, 2002 at 00:00

Wednesday, Jun 26, 2002 at 00:00
HI GET RID OF IT had one if you want to keep it drop the sump and strengthen oil pick up as they weight of the filter will crack the oil pump housing so when you going up hills it sucks air not oil eventualy motor will seize i went throu 2 motor before i found out the, 3rd time i was close enough to get towed home the other reason is if you look at the motor the 1.8 is actualy around 1.5 my best advice if you want good milege get a 2.6 tray get a conopy have half for your bed and you other gear on the other half works out real good no setting or pulling down tents and if you go for gas get a extension to fill you gas bottles up o and thats the other thing i had gas on the L300 with the gas bottle i had very little room for my gear ok for 1 person on short trips
AnswerID: 4446

Follow Up By: Dan - Thursday, Jun 27, 2002 at 00:00

Thursday, Jun 27, 2002 at 00:00
i dont understand ? you telling me i'm wasting my time with the car ? i have a 2.4 or 2.6 engine, i might go for gas because its gonna be the most economical way, what do you mean about the sump ?
FollowupID: 1903

Follow Up By: Nev - Friday, Jun 28, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Jun 28, 2002 at 00:00
ok didnt realise they came with mitsubishi came with 2.6 lt motor the oil pick up is in the sump its shaped like a watering can nozle aand its on a pipe that leads to you oil pump the wait of it cracks the top of the oil pump then the oil pump will suck air not oil then of the motor will end up seizing i had gas and it was placed next to the rear door i dont now how many people your taking but id realy look at a tray ute the gas goes under tray and as a freind of mine has done he got a connection that he fills gas light bottles up
FollowupID: 1910

Reply By: nev - Friday, Jun 28, 2002 at 00:00

Friday, Jun 28, 2002 at 00:00
next time you go into kmart or a store that has car manuals have a look throu an L300 manual you will see what im talking about
AnswerID: 4478

Sponsored Links