Kadina, deisel prices and Yorke Peninsular.

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 13, 2015 at 16:16
ThreadID: 130274 Views:2083 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all

We are in Kadina SA for 4 weeks and are amazed at how cheap fuel is from Renmark to Kadina.

Renmark was around $1.17, and I just filled up at Kadina for $1.20.

At Scone NSW it was $1.36 .

For what it's worth we went for a quick tour around parts of Yorker Peninsular and were super impress with the scenery and how clean and tidy the towns were.

We are going to go all the way down YP while we are down here and soak up more of the same. Almost forgot to say the natives are also very friendly and helpful, but can't do much about the strong winds we are experiencing. LOL.

Top marks must go to the YP for a great tourist destination.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Sep 13, 2015 at 16:28

Sunday, Sep 13, 2015 at 16:28
Hi Boo boo

We have just been up to the Gold Coast for 8 days and it is the exact opposite.

ULP ranged up there from $1.42 per litre down to a low price of $1.32 per litre, yet here in country SA in Clare it is selling for $1.22 per litre.

I have read reports that the fuel is usually cheaper up there, which is not the case from what we saw.

Make sure that while you are over there, to head down to the bottom of the Peninsula and visit Innes National Park. From a report that I received last week from the local Mid North Group was that the Wildflowers have never been so good down there for years.

Enjoy the Copper Coast, it is a great place.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 590309

Reply By: peterdre - Sunday, Sep 13, 2015 at 20:13

Sunday, Sep 13, 2015 at 20:13
Make sure you visit Marion Bay and Innes National Park.
Good scenery off the Marion Bay - Corny Point road....take the side tracks to the west off the sealed road.
Pedro
AnswerID: 590324

Follow Up By: Member - Russler - Monday, Sep 14, 2015 at 09:00

Monday, Sep 14, 2015 at 09:00
If you enjoy fishing, I've caught some of the biggest squid and garfish in my life there. The squid were so big I had to buy a crabnet in order to lift them up out of the water and up to the jetty.
FollowupID: 858344

Reply By: Member - Boo Boo (NSW) - Monday, Sep 14, 2015 at 12:50

Monday, Sep 14, 2015 at 12:50
G'day all

We are probably going down there next weekend depending on the weather.

BIL and myself went out in the bath tub (10' punt) this morning, but only stayed out for an hour or so as the wind started to gain a bit of strength.

The next few days will be metal detecting along the beaches and maybe a bit of jetty fishing. The score so far is BIL one squid me none. LOL

AnswerID: 590350

Sponsored Links