Discount New Cars

Submitted: Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 14:01
ThreadID: 13028 Views:2283 Replies:6 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
has anyone ever used, or know of anyone who has used these guys?

they have a 3.0l dx patrol listed for less than most dx's are selling second hand. admittedly, the second hand ones usually would have some sort of options, but i think i like the idea of buying the basic version, and using the spare cash for arb winch/bullbar & air lockers, maybe a 2" - 4" lift, all that other stuff you can waste money on so that you look like you can drive when really you can't.

i have never seen any ads for these guys, but in principle, it seems ok, they form a buying group and use the additional weight to force the prices down. i know a few of the independant supermarkets do it.

still, i am not keen to buy from them if they don't have a reputation. Another option might be these guys. Same question - do they have a reputation, good or bad?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Trol - Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 14:11

Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 14:11
Hi tdcockers,

I'm in the process as well of buying a new DX TDI Patrol. Have a look at post 13001, I asked the question and quite a few had good tips there if your interested.

Had the first website recommended to me by a couple of people. It does appear that going to a country dealer may get you a better deal...who knows!

I had one reply of a fellow buying a new V8 cruiser who saved 10k, which would pay for all of my dream accessories.

Keep me posted of your findings and if I hear any further I'll submit a further reply. Maybe we can say we want two at the same time and get an even better deal!

Cheers!

Trol.
AnswerID: 59417

Reply By: Leroy - Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 14:19

Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 14:19
I reckon you guys can squeeze a similar if not slightly better price direct from a dealer. I got my gu st 3.0 from Bundoora Nissan for approx 48k drive away. FT Gully Nissan was a similar price. You need to be fairdikum and ready to slap the money down. I wouldn't get a DX as an ST is not much more and will have a better resale.

Leroy
AnswerID: 59419

Reply By: Member - Allan Mac (VIC) - Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 17:23

Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 17:23
When I was in the throes of buying the challenger a year ago I tried these blokes and what they do is put you onto a dealer of the type of car you want. Initially the price is great but as I shopped further around I finished up getting a better deal (Same car..same options) for $k's better than their price. They were like a dog at a bone.. The dealer chasing me and Discount cars wanting to know what was happening with the deal..Eventually had to be rude and tell them that the deal was off
AnswerID: 59436

Reply By: tessa_51 - Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 18:14

Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 18:14
Hi tdc
bought my Prado Grande new in 2000 through www.carnet.com.au. Retail was about $67k + on road. Got it for $58k on road. They even held it for 6 weeks on $500 deposit because I was in the process of selling a property to get the money.
THEN they even delivered it to me! I've got no complaints at all. Guess they all work on the same principle.

Tessa
AnswerID: 59443

Reply By: rolande- Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 19:26

Thursday, May 20, 2004 at 19:26
As per previous post on this subject, got new vehicle $2000 cheaper than dealer on that web site, told dealer, said he couldn't match price and I should take it, even though web site had vehicle listed less than this.
Rolande
AnswerID: 59454

Reply By: srowlandson - Friday, May 21, 2004 at 09:45

Friday, May 21, 2004 at 09:45
I will state first off, i worked for the company that owned Discount New Cars, and built most of the site :)

Basically the enquiry goes to the dealer in the area you are from, and that is the price you pay.

the idea is you don't have to haggle, you just turn up, fill out the paper work and you buy the car.

A couple of mates ordered XR8 utes through DNC a few years ago and got them for $35,000, and a mate who was service manager at the local ford dealership couldn't even match the price.

good prices can be had from dealers, you just have to find the 'right one', which is tough.

For Patrols in melbourne, we have always had good pricing form Essendon Nissan, and from Ferntree gully. blackburn nissan is another i have had good pricing through

Steve
AnswerID: 59518

Sponsored Links